Prologue

Jason Careins has always loved kids and helping them. When he graduated from UCLA, he was on a mission to find a Pediatric surgeon job. In the midst of looking for a job, he was invited to spend a week in London, England with his parents and sister for their mother's birthday--their mother always wanting to go there.

          That's where Jason would meet his future wife, Palmer. The first night in London, Jason, his sister, and parents, go out to a local cafe a couple of blocks from their hotel. Jason was immediately mesmerized by the waitress. A petite woman, about 5'6, jet black hair and tan skin, blue eyes that would lock onto yours and not let go, the name on the tag reading Palmer.

          But like so many people, Palmer's past isn't a good one. To Jason, it didn't matter. Palmer's dad is an abusive man, always has been. Last time she was in the dating scene was after her parent's messy divorce. After the divorce, she turned into a slightly rebellious kid and managed to get involved with the wrong people. Her last boyfriend was a drug dealer who used his manipulation to control Palmer and made her use and even deal; her father also involved. Drug of choice--heroin. Now, two years later she is clean and sober and has a restraining order against her father. She never pictured this American guy coming into her life and changing for the better.