Chapter 33: Eventful Shopping Trip

A few more weeks go by, Jason and Palmer are out grocery shopping, Palmer's mom watching Max. They are almost done with their shopping until Palmer looks down at her list noticing she forgot a few dairy products and leaving Jason in the pasta aisle.

          "Hey stranger where have you been?" Jason hears Lori's voice.

          "Hi Lori," turning back to the shelf, trying to ignore her.

          "Come on," not taking the hint. "How have you been? I've barely seen you."

          "I've been good, working not only as a surgeon but being a dad and a husband remember?"

         Lori rolls her eyes, "Which means you probably need a day off to relax from your commitments huh?" Lori smiles slyly.

         "My commitments are perfectly fine with me," neither of them noticing Palmer walks over.

         Putting a bag of shredded cheese, butter and a gallon of milk she doesn't notice Lori standing by the cart at first. Jason watches her put a huge jar of pickles in the cart as well.

          "Before you laugh at my pickles, remember I'm pregnant and have cravings."

         "It's okay," Jason smiles.

        Lori clears her throat.

         "Oh hi Lori," Palmer smiles, playing nice.

         "Hi Palmer," Lori smirks.

         "Right," Palmer nods and looks back at Jason. "Darling shall we carry on?" saying sweetly.

         "Yeah, it was good seeing you Lori," Jason smiles, beginning to walk away.

         "I'll text you later than Jason," Lori smiles.

        "He's busy tonight, sorry."

        "Lori, no. Don't text me," Jason says.

        "Well, I mean sure if that's what you say when Palmer's around. I only said it because you asked me to text you five minutes ago," Lori smiles, enjoying the game she's playing.

        "Listen," Palmer says letting go of Jason's hand. "Please find a guy your age to toy with. Jason isn't interested and while you're at it, drop the desperate slut act. This isn't Hollywood Blvd sweetheart, don't act like it."

         "The woman's got a point," Jason smiles.

        The pair doesn't say anything else or wait for Lori to say anything back as they walk away to finish their shopping.

         "Was I too harsh?" Palmer asks. Lori out of earshot.

        "You weren't harsh enough," winking at her.

        "Obviously you would say that. You're a bigger bitch then I am."

        "Hey if it gets the point across," leaning over and kissing Palmer softly as they wait in the checkout line.

        "Can we go home after this? I'm getting tired."

        "Yeah," Jason laughs.