Chapter 22: Kidnapped

Checking out of the hotel about an hour and a half later, he walks out and to the rental car to go pick up Palmer's mom. He's ten feet from the car when he sees Palmer's dad, swallowing hard.

          "Alright where's Palmer?" he demands.

          "What?" Jason asks confused.

          "Where's my daughter? She's supposed to be with you."

          "Your daughter is home, far far away from you."

          "By yourself out here? Did she give you something to pass on to me?"

          "I don't owe you shit. And I'm not afraid of you old man."

          "Well, you should be," her father smirks. "And now I'm going to ask you again, did Palmer give you something to pass on to me? I spoke to her about this two weeks ago."

          "I don't know what you're talking about. Palmer didn't talk to me about anything that she needed to give you."

          "Well, then she must not be expecting you any time soon," he says, some men starting walking towards Jason.

          "What? Let go of me! Don't you realize your daughter is in labor or are you that heartless?"

          "She what?!"

          "She's in labor!" the men getting handsy.

          "What are you doing there then?"

          "You're kidding me right?" the guys dragging him to a car.

          "If my daughter is in labor right now what are you doing halfway across the world from her?"

          "I was working, and I didn't know she went into labor till after I was here," pushing Jason into the car.

          "I asked her for money that she promised me she would send with you. I warned her as to what might happen if she didn't come through, and she accepted."

          "What's going to happen?" Jason shouts. "Do you not get that your daughter is in labor? And what are you doing? Kidnapping me?"

          He shrugs, "Doesn't matter. I need what I need. What good is a daughter who won't help her father out when he needs it most?"

          "Your daughter doesn't want to help you because you're a drug addict. You're psycho."

          "She knows that Jack and I have run into a bit of trouble. She's obligated to help, as my daughter she knows what this stuff is like. You forget that she used to be like me before she met you," Palmer's dad smirks. The memories flooding back to the stories Palmer told. "So do you have the money or not? Don't lie about not having the money, I know you have it, and quite frankly I find it hard to believe that you didn't know about this. Palmer surely must have told you," he continues.

          "Your daughter didn't tell me shit old man, now let me go!"

          "What am I going to say to the guy I owe the money to?"

          "I'm a lazy ass, and I can't get the money myself, I have to con my daughter and her husband that's what you can say," Jason smirks. Her dad is now furious.

          "Don't talk to me like that, I'm your family!" he shouts, swinging at Jason, his fist connecting with Jason's lip. Blood is instantly oozing.

          "You're not my family," spitting blood on the floorboards. "Only your daughter and your ex-wife are my family. I don't consider psychopaths who have a drug addiction and use and abuse their daughters as family."

          Another punch connects with Jason, his eye connecting with the fist. A black eye is already forming. "Well, you've got to cough up the money, the only way you're getting out of here is either when I get the money, or in a body bag. You know I'm not kidding, I'm a man of my word," the car beginning to move, Jason's world going black.