Chapter 17: Unexpected Surprise

Early the next morning, Jason's family isn't sad to see them go because the pair will be back within a few months. Getting back home, Jason and Palmer thankful that they are back in California Jason's mom and Kristin are already redecorating the guest house and doing the baby's room in time for them to move in. Everything back to normal, Jason going back to work for a few weeks—booked with surgeries.

          On Jason's day off a couple of friends come over to help the two pack almost everything up, practically emptying the whole house. The furniture going with them since it was all bought and will be placed in storage units till they begin to move into their new home. With them helping and taking time out to help the couple, Jason bought beer and ordered pizzas just to pay them back for their time.

          Palmer does as much as she can as she's getting more and more far along in her pregnancy, every day getting closer. As expressed numerous of times about being pretty stressed out about moving, but excited too. Even more stressed that her mom isn't moving with them till their baby comes.

          "Thank you guys so much for helping us it means a lot to Palmer and me," Jason says.

          "We are really going to miss you guys," Jen says.

          "Well, you guys are more than welcome to come visit," Jason invites.

          "Oh, you bet. We are there as soon as you guys get that dream house built. Palmer showed me the blueprints, it looks amazing," Paul says. "How did you guys even come up with those ideas?"

          "We had some help. She loves my parents' house," Jason laughs.

          "It's true, their house is amazing."   

          A few hours later, empty pizza boxes and beer and water bottles everywhere, Jason looks over at Palmer, dozing off.

          "Hey Palmer, come on," Jason gets up and holding out his hand to his wife.

           "I'm tired baby," she takes his hand.

          "I know come on," pulling her up and kissing her softly on the lips. "I'll be back guys," he says escorting her up the stairs. Palmer in front, Jason's hands on her hips to support her—kissing her cheek.

          "What are you doing?" Palmer smiles when they walk into their bedroom.

          "I can tell you're tired," Jason walks into the adjoining bathroom and starting a bath for her.

          "I'm fine, go downstairs. I'll finish running the bath."

          "Nope I'm here to help," Jason winks. He's been very you could say clingy. He makes sure the temperature is just right.

          "I'm fine silly," Palmer smiles getting into the tub. "Go get the rest of the packing done. I have a surprise for you when you come to bed later."

          "Oh really?" Jason smiles, leaning down.

          "I can't wait to tell you."

          "Fine. I'll be back in about twenty minutes," leaning down and kissing his wife before walking back downstairs.

          After the last of the stuff is packed for the night and everyone takes off, Jason cleans up the bottles and empty pizza boxes before looking up and climbing back up the stairs.

          Walking into the bedroom quietly he sees Palmer already fast asleep, changing into just sweatpants and taking off his shirt he climbs into bed. He slides his arm around her, leaning down and kissing her forehead before closing his eyes.

          "Mm hi," he hears Palmer murmur, blinking at him.

         "Sorry I thought you were asleep."

         "I was close. Have you packed everything?"

         "We will be finished tomorrow, but I mean pretty much yeah," sitting up on his elbow, looking down at Palmer.

         "Good. I saw the doctor today while you were at work," she says reaching over to the nightstand and grabbing the latest sonogram picture.

          "Okay," Jason smiles taking the 3D ultrasound picture.

          "And do you know what that is?" Palmer points to the far left of the picture.

         Jason looks at the spot, smiling big overcome with excitement, "Are we having a boy?"

          "Yeah."

          Jason's face lights up, "I thought you didn't want to know the sex of the baby," looking down at the ultrasound picture.

           "I didn't, but she asked me today if I want to know and I know how much you wanted to know as well, so I asked," Palmer watches him. "I couldn't be happier that we are having a little boy."