Chapter 21: Labor Call

Arriving in London a few days later, he is more than ready to be done and back in the states for good. He finishes up at the hospital and begins to head back to his hotel for the rest of the night, his dad flashing across the iPhone screen.

          "Hey, dad."

          "Are you done at work?" He asks casually.

          "Yeah, why? I'm back at the hotel."

          "Palmer's in labor, don't rush back if you can't we have it all under control. Do you want to speak to her?"

          "What?" Jason practically yells in the phone, "She's in labor? Of course, let me talk to her."

          "Hey baby," hearing his wife's voice, surprisingly calm.

          "Hey gorgeous," Jason smiles. "How are you feeling?"

          "Good, how are you? I miss you."

          "I'm fine, but I'm more concerned about you. Dad said you're in labor?"

          "Yeah my water broke, I'm okay though. Can you come back? I want you here."

          "I mean I can get there as fast as I can. You know how long the flight is."

          "Yeah, I'll be okay I've got everybody to look after me. But please hurry."

          "I'll try my hardest, try not to push," Jason smiles. "I love you."

          "I love you too," a mild contraction coming on. "Bring my mum with you. I need her."