Epilogue

6 Months Later:

          "I can't believe you're going to college," Payge says to her brother. Jason drives, Palmer in the passenger seat and Max and Payge in the backseat and Madeline in her car seat in the middle. Madeline is now six months old as the family on their way to USC, the University of Southern California to drop Max off.

          "I know it's exciting," Max smiles, "right Maddie," he says, cooing to his little sister.

          "Yeah, about time," Payge smirks. "I finally get your room."

          "Payge be nice to your brother," Palmer scolds.

          "Mom this is my last opportunity to mess with him before he leaves me."

          Jason and Palmer look at each other. He winks at her and keeps driving.

          "Oh shut up, you're going to miss me," Max winks at his sister.

          "Mhm, Madeline and I are finally glad it's just us girls, well and dad."

          They keep driving, pulling up to the campus and the freshman dorms. Getting out and making sure Max is all comfortable in the dorm room.

          Palmer walks over to her oldest, "I'm gonna miss you so much, please call me every day," she says, pulling him into a hug.

          "Okay mom," Max laughs, hugging his mom back.

          "Behave man, don't forget to send a text here and there," Jason winks pulling away.

          "Sure thing."

         "Give me a hug," Payge smiles, holding her arms out to her brother.

          Max shakes his head smiling but pulls his sister in for a hug.

          "We love you bub. Be safe," Palmer says holding Madeline.

          "Mom you're acting like I'm going to war," Max laughs.

          They all laugh. The Careins family say their final goodbyes, and heading home.

          "He'll be okay right?" Palmer asks Jason. "Right?"

          "Yes, he'll be fine. We'll all be fine. We're survivors after all," he winks at her, the campus disappearing behind them.