Chapter 5: Handing It Over

In the early afternoon the next day, Palmer is in the bedroom, making the bed as she hears her friend call out her name.

          "Palmer?"

          "Hey come on up," she answers fluffing the pillows, having flashbacks of last night—smiling like an idiot.

          "Hey," her best friend Jen walking in. "How are you?" Jen asks, laying on their bed.

          "I had sex on that bed last night," Palmer laughs, sitting down at her vanity table. "But I'm good, how are you?"

          "You guys finally did it?" Jen asks sitting up.

           "It wasn't that easy for me, but I really enjoyed it. Jason was so so patient with me, he took it so slowly," Palmer smiles. "So what are you doing here?"

          Shrugging her shoulders, "good and nothing, wanted to see if you wanted to go shopping?" Jen asks, the key to Palmer's heart.

          "I would love to, but we will need to go by Jason's office first," Palmer grabs her handbag.

          "I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing that your husband has all the credit cards," Jen laughs. "Or if it's smart on his part," she winks.

          Palmer chuckles, "I don't really need a lot of money for day to day things, and Jason makes sure I have enough to do what I want. But if I'm spending a lot of money, I'd rather he knew about it first then finding out later that I spent half his paycheck in one afternoon."

          "So it's smart on his part?" Jen smirks.

          Sitting in his office, a somewhat slow day, he has no surgeries lined up for the day—strictly paperwork. There's a faint knock on the door, Palmer and her best friend walking in.

          "Well, what do I owe the pleasure? Hey Jen," Jason greets, leaning back in his chair.

          "You left early this morning," Palmer says in a pouting tone.

           "Yeah I had to come in early to get a head start on some paperwork," Jason smiles kissing Palmer.

          "Get a room you guys, geez."

          "We are going shopping," Palmer continues.

          "Jen I'll make out with her in front of you," Jason smirks. "And let me guess you need the credit card?"

          "Yes please."

          Smiling, Jason sits up in his chair and opens his wallet, pulling out the card and handing it to Palmer, "please don't spend all the money."

          "Please stop pretending like this card has a limit," Palmer says kissing Jason. "Thank you, do you have any more appointments today?"

          "I haven't had any today, just office day."

          "Good, I will probably be home when you get back. If not, let me know, and I will grab dinner on the way."

          "Okay," Jason smiles. "Love you," Jason stands up and softly kissing Palmer. "Be careful and good to see you, Jen."

          "You too," Jen smiles walking out.

          "Want a repeat of last night?" Palmer murmurs into Jason's lips after kissing him.

          "Most definitely," Jason smirks, "I'll see you guys later."