Chapter 13: Worrying

After about two hours, Jason helping his mom serve up dinner she turns to him, "where's Palmer?"

           "I'll go get her. Kiera bug you want to help?" asking his niece.

          Kiera of course smiles and vigorously nods her head. They walk into the bedroom, Jason telling Kiera to be careful even though she knows Palmer is pregnant.

           "Aunt Palmer, it's time to wake up," she smiles, nudging her.

            Jason standing in the doorway leaning against the doorframe his arms crossed.

          Waking up a little and squinting, Palmer looks at her niece. "Kiera! How are you darling?" she asks her, sitting up and wrapping her arms around her.

          "I'm fine," Kiera giggles.

           "Dinner is ready," Jason butts in.

           "And what's for dinner?" Palmer asks, standing up holding Kiera.

           "Well let's go downstairs and find out," Jason winks.

          Making their way downstairs they all gather around the dinner table, Palmer sitting beside Jason—drinking water as everyone has wine apart from Palmer and the kids. Palmer has been losing her appetite lately, but she keeps it in control because of the magnificent dinner Jason's mom prepared.

          "Oh Tammy, you've outdone yourself. I would seriously think about having this every Sunday," Palmer praises.

           "Well thank you," Tammy smiles, "why don't you tell that husband of yours to cook it for you every Sunday. He knows all the recipes."

          Rolling her eyes, "He barely has time for a wife let alone cooking with all his work at the hospital," Palmer laughs.

          "The woman has a point," Jason smiles, winking at his mom and kissing Palmer's temple.

           Finishing up dinner, everyone full they just catch up with Jason and Palmer. They sit and talk about the upcoming baby and Jason's work, and a little bit of Palmer's mother. Jason is on the phone with work, Palmer chatting with his family drinking decaf coffee that she absolutely hates.

          "Everything okay?" Palmer asks, patting his thigh when Jason sits back down.

          "Umm, I think so. They are kind of freaking out because out of three doctors there is only one that is available, so they keep calling me asking me what they are supposed to do."

          "Does that mean you have to go?" Palmer asks worriedly.

          "No, not right now."

          "Okay," Palmer nods her head. "Um, Kristin I have something for you upstairs."

          "Really?" Kristin smiles.

          Palmer nods her head as the girls excuse themselves and head upstairs. Jason staying downstairs to help his mom clean up.

          "I think she's worried I'll have to leave," Jason says.

          "Well you only just got here, she's probably tired."

          "Well if I do have to leave to do surgery will you make sure to take care of her please?" Jason asks.

          "Obviously, you don't even need to ask."

           "Thank you," Jason smiles kissing the top of his mother's head, finishing the dishes.

           When Jason gets up to his old bedroom, he opens the door. Palmer sitting with Kristin who is unwrapping her gifts.

           "Okay, Kristin time for you to get out."

           "Aww don't be like that big bro," Kristin smiles. "Palmer's brought me loads of stuff, what did you get me?"

          "Well technically I got it for you since she used my money," Jason winks at his sister.  

           "Okay okay Mr. Big Spender," Kristin smiles. "So are you going back to London or what? Can you please leave her here though? I've missed her."

           "I may or may not leave," Jason climbs on the bed and laying back.

           "Fine," Kristin rolls her eyes, leaving the bedroom.

           "I forgot how much I love your family. I would seriously consider moving here," Palmer snuggles into Jason.

          "Well, you should cause mom made it sound like she would love if we moved here."

          "I'm sure she would. And I would like to get away from England and my dad and my ex. I'm worried they will try to hurt you."

          "I can handle myself," Jason smiles leaning in and kissing Palmer softly.

          "I know, I know you're a big strong man, but just for my peace of mind I would like to know that you're far away from anyone who can hurt you," Palmer says softly.

         "Babe I'm okay," kissing her forehead.

          "I don't know babe, especially if the hospital needs you back soon you'll have to go without me and if something happens to you then what am I going to do?"

          "Babe look at me," Jason says.

          "What?

          "I'm going to be fine," leaning down and kissing her forehead. "Go to sleep."