Chapter 3: Friendly Advice

Early the next morning Jason quietly gets out of bed to get ready for work, leaving his wife asleep. He doesn't think much about what happened the night before, sadly getting used to it. He steps into the walk-in closet getting dressed, not wanting to wake Palmer, it is about 6:25 in the morning.

          In the midst of getting ready he doesn't notice Palmer roll over and look at him.

         "Shall I make some coffee before you leave babe?" Palmer asks, pulling on her robe.

          "No it's fine, I'll stop somewhere and get something on my way to work, go back to bed."

          "I'm okay, I'm awake now," Palmer smiles before walking to the bathroom to brush her teeth. "Do you have a busy day today?"

          "Yeah, I have about four surgeries. A few herniae's and gallbladder surgery," pulling on the jacket.

          "Will you be late coming home?"

          "I'll probably be home around six," Jason says fixing his collar.

          "Okay good, I'll cook dinner," Palmer smiles. "I have something I need to talk to you about."

          "Okay, I got to go," Jason says, kissing his wife and walking towards the door. "If you need anything or need me, call my office."

          After his first hernia surgery, Jason is back in his comfortable plush chair. About half an hour till his next surgery he is doing some paperwork. A knock on his door pulls him away as he looks up, his good friend Paul pokes his head in.

          "Hey man," Paul greets, sitting down in a chair in front of Jason's oak desk.

         "Hey."

          "What's up, man? Long time no see."

          "Yeah, it's been a while. How's the wife?"

          "She's doing well. How's Palmer?" Paul asks, knowing about her past.

           "Um it's been rough man," Jason answers shaking his head.

          "Is she still having problems? I thought she was getting better," Paul frowns.

          "No, her dad was at our car yesterday after dinner. He demanded about ten grand and of course, Palmer's pride she wouldn't let me call the cops, so I had to give him the money," Jason sighs. "I tried initiating sex once again last night, and nope, she fought it."

          "Sorry man, how is she taking it? It has to be tough on her too. Why did you let her talk you into giving anything to that asshole? I mean I know he's her dad but still."

          "I tried," Jason begins. "I would have called the cops if she wasn't with me, but I don't know if I can keep doing his man. This whole afraid to have sex thing is tiring. We've been married for two years, and I'm ready to have kids. But you know that requires a certain thing."

          Paul smiles, "have you asked her about this? Maybe she's ready too. I mean I know you two man, can't be easy for her either and you have to talk to her if you want to get anywhere with this."

          "I don't know man," Jason shrugs his shoulders.

           "Well try and talk to her. If you're feeling like this, imagine how she must be feeling. I know you're not the best at controlling your temper either so try and talk to her and you never know what might happen."

          A couple of hours after his second surgery he is back in his office, sending a text to Palmer to check on her.

          "Are you okay?" Jason sends.

          "Yeah, I'm okay. Are you? Miss you."

          "Yeah, I'm fine. Surgeries are ahead of schedule so I'll be home a little earlier and I miss you too."

          "Good be careful and keep saving lives, love you."