Chapter 30: Dumb Mistake

Pulling up to the bar about fifteen minutes later he walks in, seeing Lori in a scary short dress sitting at the bar. She's sipping on a big cocktail when she looks over seeing Jason.

          "Oh my god I forgot how sexy you are!" she smiles, hopping off the barstool to hug him.

         He hugs her back and then sits down ordering a Bud Light in a bottle.

          "So what's new?! You have been out of my life since...I don't even know how long."

          "It's been a few years," taking a sip.

          "Yeah, so what have you been up to?"

          "Just working and being a family man," smiling.

          "Yeah? How's that working out?"

         "It's really good. Definitely something I knew I wanted."

          "Yeah? And your wife? Is she the one you wanted?"

          "Of course. I wouldn't be married to her as long as I have been."

          "How did you meet?" she smiles. "I've heard some crazy ass stories."

          "It isn't that crazy," Jason laughs. "My family and I were in London, and she was the waitress at the cafe we went to. I moved to London a year later."

         "Wow, how did a waitress get you!? Damn your standards aren't high, are they?"

          "It didn't matter to me that she was a waitress. I liked her. I thought she was cute, we talked, and I just fell in love."

          Lori rolls her eyes. "If you say so. I don't see you rushing to introduce her to any of us, I bet she's as thick as I think she is."

          "Shut up Lori."

          "I'm serious, why didn't you bring her?"

         "Because she's at home with our child and I didn't think that was important."

          "True, I'm glad she's not here."

          "Alright, I better get going," sticking to his one beer.

          "What? No way, let's head back to mine and carry on this party," slinging her hand on his arm. "Come on, for old times' sake, your wife is probably asleep now she won't even know."

          "Lori don't start this shit. We are not teenagers anymore," pulling out his phone to call her a cab.

          "So what? One more night of good clean fun won't hurt you."

         "Yeah clean? With you?" Jason smirks. "I don't think so," getting a hold of a cab.

          "Whatever, I'm going to tell my friends we did it anyway," she smiles.

          Grabbing her wrist, "Lori...no. Damn, you sure didn't grow up."

          "Suit yourself," walking off.

         Getting home about an hour later, he sits down on the couch knowing Palmer is asleep. He shoots Joe a quick text.

          "Your sister is out of control man."

          "What did she do now?"

         "Basically downgraded my wife and then when I told her I wasn't going back to her place she said that she was going to tell her friends we did it. I'm telling ya man if your sister screws up my life I'm gonna be pissed."