Chapter 10: Ten Fingers, Ten Toes

Getting to one of Palmer's favorite restaurants, they sit down ordering their food. Palmer, a huge fan of Korean food, her nationality being Korean American. She's always been a fan of Korean food ever since her own parents introduced it to her. Which she then later introduced to Jason and he loves it.

          The waitress sets down a glass of white wine in front of Jason, along with their food. She looks at the glass longingly taking a bite of her veggies.

          "That was cruel wasn't it?" Jason smiles, taking a long drink.

           "You're so mean babe."

          Jason winks at her as they continue to eat and converse. He notices Palmer eating a little more than she usually does, wanting dessert after dinner which is rare for her. She talks her husband into ordering dessert that looks like a mountain of chocolate.

           On the way home, Jason stops and gets gas and candy, getting in the car, he hands a bag of Sour Patch kids over—Palmer's favorite candy.

          "Are you going to be one of those demanding pregnant women?"

           "Nope," she smiles. "I will ask nicely, and you will get me whatever I want. How does that sound?" Palmer winks.

           "You know I'm only going to allow it because you're cute right?" Jason smirks.

           "Oh yeah? It's how I get everything in life," she giggles.

           Jason just shakes his head smiling, grabbing hold of Palmer's hand and kissing the back of it. Then setting their hands back in Palmer's lap, Jason continues home.

          Arriving home after a few minutes, they walk through the front door, Jason helping with Palmer's jacket.

           "Mum?" Palmer calls out, "We're home."

           "How was dinner?" her mom asks smiling coming out from the kitchen. "Are you happy?" she asks Jason giving him a hug.

           "Of course."

          "Good. If she's anything like me, she's going to go crazy just like I did when I had her. I will tell you what to look out for later," Palmer's mom winks at Jason.

          "Thank you," he laughs. "Palmer's demanding enough. I'm going to go upstairs and take a shower," Jason says leaning over and kissing Palmer's cheek.

          "Okay," she smiles. Jason heads upstairs.

           "So how excited was he when you told him?" Palmer's mom asks.

          "Oh, mum he was so excited. He has been looking forward to this day for a long time. I'm so happy."

          "What do you do think it is? A boy or a girl?"

           "I don't care, as long as it has ten fingers and ten toes, I'll be happy. I'm not sure what Jason wants though," Palmer smiles.

           "I'm sure he wants the same thing."

          "Mm, I guess."