Guys, what happened last night? -2

Mohit

Rutt came out of the kitchen and placed the tea tray on the center table.

A moment later Alisha, who was back from her meeting, emerged from her room and sat right next to me on the sofa. I jumped off the sofa immediately and stood up.

Rutt looked at me in utter surprise. "What happened?" she asked.

I looked at her as if everything was okay. "N-Nothing....it was just..that..t-that. ..my ass and leg fell asleep." I said, shaking my leg like crazy.

Alisha picked up the newspaper and covered her mouth to hide her face which was ready to burst into laughter. Rutt frowned at me and left.

I sat across Alisha, next to Aman. Alisha looked at me, half smiling, as she lowered the newspaper. I didn't smile back but instead gave her a bitter look. Smile wiped off of her face instantly.

I still did not understand how she could act normal as if nothing has happened. Her acting normal and talking to me nonchalantly, was making me feel guilty, which I was not.

She is the one who is guilty, guilty of abandoning me 10 years ago.

Rutt came back from kitchen and settled down. Alisha looked around at our impatient faces. We all wanted answers to our questions from her.

She cleared throat, and said, "Well, we were all on the roof top when this big bald guy with broad shoulders and bulging biceps, dressed in all black, came to us and asked for the green bag which was lying on the top of the table."

"He took his gun out and pointed at us and said 'hurry up'. I got scared and pushed the table towards him, which hit him on the thighs and he tripped over, firing a shot in the process. There was an instant hue and cry on the roof. I told everyone to follow me downstairs. I saw Dinesh picking the bag and running downstairs. While I was getting down I saw Aman rolling down past me on the steps. When I reached ground floor I helped Aman to get back on his feet and handed him back his cellphone which he has dropped on the process."

Aman turned to Dinesh, who previously said he handed over the phone to him. Dinesh quickly looked away, pretending to not have heard anything Alisha was saying.

"When we were down Mohit told me he will take care of Aman and he asked Malvika to get the car. I held Rutt and we left for the gate." Alisha completed her part.

The story of last night was no less than a suspense thriller and as the story unfolded everyone was in for a shocker after shocker. It was like some underworld story, involving drugs, chase, guns and police.

"I don't understand one thing. See, you remember it all but none us have a vivid memory of all that happened after we all finally met on the roof top," Rutt asked Alisha.

Alsiha nodded. "I guess you are correct. But I happen to know the reason why you don't remember anything and in some cases only few things," Alisa said and smiled.

"And why is that?" Rutt asked.

"Because you all were drugged and I am pretty sure it was Molly."

"MOLLY? What is Molly?" Malvika asked.

"Molly is abbreviation for Molecular. It is a pure form of MMA aka ecstasy, usually sold in free powder or in capsules. When it is pure it is white in colour. That's all I know about it. I guess you all took it when Dinesh offered on the roof top."

Everyone turned to Dinesh. A frightened looking Dinesh immediately stood up, he took a few steps backwards and motioned everyone to keep sitting. "Sorry guys, but I didn't do it on purpose. I was under the influence of drugs. I was not sober." We all could see he really meant it.