Chapter 3

This chapter contains small spoilers referencing 'The Last Mabelcorn' and is loosely based of a mabifica oneshot I read on tumblr.

Dipper pines opened up the journal, flipping through it as fast as he could as Mabel approached the unicorn. According to the strange old book, only the purest of heart could approach the creature without getting impaled by its large horn. So, of course, Dipper had asked Mabel to try and befriend it. Dipper had asked his sister to come just this reason, to try and get a lock of its hair for Stan, who had explained he had found a way to billproof the shack.

"Be careful" dipper hissed at his sister, still turning the paper thin pages of the journal but more slowly.

Mabel turned to him and smiled "I'm gonna be fine bro-bro, I'm the most pure of heart person I know".

Dipper rolled his eyes then went back to searching the journal. Mabel turned back around, now facing the unicorn. The unicorn tilted its head then, to both the twins surprise, began to speak.

"Hello children" it nodded at Mabel but its eyes were locked on Dipper.

Dipper didn't reply but Mabel was ecstatic at the discovery that the unicorn, the creature her whole childhood revolved around, could talk.

"Hey there" Mabel grinned ear to ear, showing off her braces.

The unicorn turned towards the twelve year old, stepping forward.

"I know why you're here, Mabel" its horn started to glow a pinkish-orange colour as it went on "you think you're pure of heart".

Mabel nodded enthusiastically "yup, that's me!" She jabbed a proud thumb into her puffed out chest.

The unicorn raised an eyebrow "you?"

Mabel frowned, her hands dropping to her sides. Dipper looked up from the journal, confused.

"Yeah" Mabel replied quietly "me".

The unicorn snorted rudely. "Are you kidding me?" It walked slowly around Mabel.

Mabel stared at her feet "but I saved someone's life the other day" she was just as confused as dipper was about this.

"After letting your brother get possessed" the unicorns gaze turned to Dipper once again, a smirk on its face. If unicorns could actually smirk, because they probably can't.

"That wasn't her fault" dipper interjected, watching as tears began to form in his sisters eyes.

The creature snorted and lowered its head, aiming it's razor sharp horn at Mabel's heart.

It began trotting slowly towards her. Mabel wasn't paying attention to the oncoming danger, she was staring at her feet, hugging herself, tears dripping down her cheeks.

"Mabel" dipper cried, making her head shoot up just as the unicorn started galloping towards her.

She ran to the left, inches from its horn. The unicorn sharply turned then headed straight for her once again.

Dipper grabbed her arm and sprinted towards the shack, the unicorn following in hot pursuit.

"I don't understand" Mabel mumbled to herself, sniffing and wiping the stray tears with her free arm.