Chapter 27

Mabel Pines stepped into the shack and sighed happily. She had been in the hospital for such a long time, she was actually happy to see the worn down building. Mabel noted that it was a little dustier than it was when she had left but just shrugged it off and went up to her room. Everything was still intact, nothing had been touched or moved. Good. The door creaked behind her and she spun around on her heel. Dipper walked in and gave her a weak smile.

"Good to see you back"

Mabel grinned.

"Pacifica's really worried about you" Dipper said, pushing the door shut behind him and sitting on the edge of her bed, "you should text her or something".

Mabel stood up from her bed, her eyed wide. She would be lying if she said she hadn't forgotten about her lover. But in her defence, she had been in and out of consciousness for the past week.

"I'll do one better" Mabel held up a finger, a goofy grin on her face "I'm going to see her now!"

Dipper chuckled and nodded "OK, but be back by tea, Stans ordering us pizza".

"Sweet! Tell him to get ham and pineapple for me" Mabel said, grabbing her shoulder bag and stuffing various items into it.

She planned to spend a couple of hours at her house, just chilling. She placed her laptop and drawing tablet in, excited to show her girlfriend some paintings she'd been working on.

"Fruit on pizza? That's gross" Dipper stuck out his tongue.

Mabel shoved him off her bed, laughing. "Dork".

The older twin stepped out of the house and made her way up the familiar route to the Northwest mansion. It didn't take her long, she walked fast. She was worried about Pacifica.

She raised her hand to knock on the door but stopped, realising her parents or a butler would answer and that's what she didn't want. Instead, Mabel took out her phone and opened up kik, walking to Pacifica's bedroom window as she typed.

Shooting star: hey Paz! I'm out of hospital, still a bit sore though!

Paz: oh my god, you're alive!?

Shooting star: yeeeaahh....

Paz: sorry, I've been so worried :(

Shooting star: its okay, I missed you too <3

Shooting star: hey, open you window for a sec

Paz: mabel, use the door like a normal person

Shooting star: you're no fun D:

Paz: my parents aren't home and the workers have the day off, it's Sunday mabel, I have have the house to myself for the entire day

Shooting star: okay :O

Paz: its unlocked, meet me in the kitchen

Mabel slid her phone back into her pocket and made her way back to the door. She pushed it open and walked to the kitchen. The blonde was sitting on a stool, a large glass of chocolate milk in her hand. She was taking short sips, she looked tense. Mabel stared at her then started walking towards her. There were large bags under her eyes, Mabel could only guess it was because of her.

"Hey paz" Mabel said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Pacifica jumped slightly and turned around on the stool. She gave Mabel a small smile and took another sip of her drink.

"Hi, you look good" Pacifica's voice sounded strained and cracked slightly.

Mabel frowned and put a hand on her forehead "you okay?"