Chapter 14

Pacifica Northwest rolled her eyes and leant on her windowsill, leaning down to watch Mabel climb up.  Well, she could only see the top of the brunettes head but she noted that her thick hair seemed to be shorter than it was when she was twelve.

"Paz!" Pacifica blinked, looking down into Mabel's eyes. She was clinging onto the metal rope, looking panicked.

"What is it now?" The blonde smirked.

She nodded towards the grappling hook lodged in her windowsill. It was slipping, under the sixteen year olds weight. Pacifica grabbed the hook, holding it as tight as her hands would let her. They were still scarred slightly from the accident and would regularly throb with pain. As soon as she thought that, her hand started throbbing, first unnoticeable then sharp jolts. She grit her teeth and hoped Mabel would reach her room sooner.

Mabel rolled into her room, wearing a oversized hoodie and galaxy leggings. She sat up, rubbing her hands together, which were bright red.

"Need the first aid kit?" Pacifica raised an eyebrow.

Mabel shook her head and wiped little trails of blood on her hoodie before slowly getting up. She looked around Pacifica's room, marvelling the new bedsheets and wallpaper.

"This looks so cool!" She grinned, showing off her teeth, now braces free.

"Oh my god you look so weird without braces" pacifica almost laughed, her cheeks growing red.

Mabel's grin widened "yeah, got them taken out like, a year ago" she put her hands on her hips "I can finally eat toffee without any pain!" She chuckled before adding"and picking bits out of my braces".

Pacifica smiled. It'd been four years but mabel was the same personality wise. Honestly, she was exactly the same, just slightly taller with shorter hair.

"I missed you"

"I missed you too, paz"

They stared at each other for a couple of seconds, not knowing what to say. Mabel looked away, awkwardly rubbing her arm.

"Uh" pacifica started, trying to make conversation "so it took you four years to come back here... Why"

Mabel shrugged "my parents insisted we travel the summer after we left. So we tried it and it was pretty awesome!" She gave pacifica a lopsided grin that made her heart skip a beat "we've been practically everywhere so instead of traveling this year, our parents sent us here again".

"I'm so glad you guys are back" pacifica hadn't realised she was almost crying with happiness until now.

Mabel stepped closer and pulled her into a hug. The brunette was short. Shorter than herself and most likely shorter than her brother. Speaking of her brother..

"How's Dipper?"

"Well, he got his drivers licence a month ago and he's doing really well at school" Mabel's voice was muffled by Pacifica's thick shirt "he missed gravity falls a lot and is excited to go monster hunting tomorrow".

Mabel pulled away from pacifica, shoving her hands into her hoodie pocket and looking up at the blonde with wide eyes "wanna come with us??"

"I'm not sure-" pacifica was cut off by mabel tugging at her sleeve.

"Oh come on, I know nothing interesting has happened to you since we left" mabel pulled her to the window and swept her hand along the woods. "Bet you haven't even been in there since we left" she said, smug.

Pacifica sighed. She was right. Her parents hadn't let her venture alone since they found out about the pines twins knowing about bill cipher. They worshiped him like a god and it sickened pacifica. She still had scars all over her body from the demon.

Mabel's phone went off in her pocket, cutting pacifica out of her daydream. Her ringtone was a cute little 8-bit tune that sounded slightly familiar. Mabel stared at her phone, frowning.

"Its Dipper, he says I should get back to the shack and help him with something" Mabel rolled her eyes "dork".

"Oh OK" pacifica tried not to sound sad as the girl of her dreams waved goodbye and jumped out her window.

∆ ∆ ∆

Mabel pines walked out of the Northwest mansion gates, her heart beating fast. She burst into the shack, making Dipper jump. He was sitting on Stans favourite, and only, armchair with his laptop, most likely researching monster stuff.

"How'd it go?" He looked up at his sister with curiosity.

She let out a loud sigh and have him two thumbs up, blushing lightly.

"Good" he shut his laptop and slipped it back into its case. "We should sleep, big monster hunting day tomorrow".

The twins exchanged their good nights and went their separate ways. Mable stopped halfway up the stairs to the attic, running down them to dippers room. She knocked on the door then barged in.

"Oh hey, forgot to say pacifica might be joining us OK bye dip!" Mabel said, fast.

She ran upstairs and jumped into her bed, pulling the covers over her head and closing her eyes.

Since the twins were now sixteen, Stan had figured it'd be awkward to share a room so mabel called dibs on the attic and dipper took the spare room (the one where they found the body swapping carpet).

Mabel had already started unpacking, replacing her old boy band posters with little sketches and art references such as hands and anatomy.

The brunette fell asleep pretty quickly, dreaming about pacifica Northwest, the girl of her dreams...

Mabel's ringtone may or may not have been 'bonetrousle' but shhh...

Anyway, I have two weeks off school since its almost Christmas so I'll try and update daily :D so get ready for some billdip and probably more angsty/morbid stuff (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Edited)