Chapter 15

Dipper Pines woke up to the noise of excited chatter coming from the kitchen. He took in a deep breath, smiling as he smelt fresh pancakes. Standing up from his bed, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and checked the time on his phone: 11:08am.

Dipper stretched before changing into an orange shirt, blue jacket and jeans. He tidied up his hair a bit then walked to the kitchen, mouth watering. He stepped in to see Stan and Ford both relaxing at the table while Mabel was making piles of pancakes.

"Morning, kid" Stan nodded at him, not looking up from the story he was reading.

"Hey" the younger twin greeted and sat next to Ford to wait for the food.

Dipper's stomach made a loud noise and mabel chuckled, stacking another pancake on a large plate then sliding it to her brother. He tucked in straight away. Mabel's pancakes were the best.

After everyone had eaten, Ford gave them access to his journals before heading down to the basement to do 'research'.

Ford only gave them one instruction; not to bring the journals just in case Bill was still around. Both twins had nodded, understanding.

They set out into the woods in the golf cart, Dipper driving.

The younger twin turned to his sister "so we need to pick up pacifica?" He raised an eyebrow.

Mabel nodded, grinning. Dipper rolled his eyes and turned a sharp left, heading towards the Northwest mansion.

The older twin pulled out her phone and began rapidly texting Pacifica, telling her they were ready and waiting outside the mansion gates. A couple of minutes passed and Pacifica stepped out of the mansion wearing a large jacket and boots. She swept her bangs from her eyes and looked up at Dipper with wide green eyes. He smirked at her reaction. Dipper hadn't really changed. He was taller and very lanky and had faint traces of stubble on his chin.

Pacifica slipped onto the back of the cart and leant forward. "Soooo where we going?" She asked.

Dipper checked his notes with one hand, the other on the steering wheel.

Mabel snatched the notes from his hands before he could say anything. She read through them.

"We're going back to that weird shack to see if anything changed then we're looking for a small gang of gremgoblins that have been terrorising some of the townsfolk" she scrunched up the paper and put it in her pocket.

"Oh, that weird shack that got burnt down you were telling me about?" Pacifica asked.

Both twins nodded and Dipper turned again. Trees whizzed past them as he sped up. Pacifica yelped and held onto the bars.

"Is this safe?" She said through gritted teeth.

Dipper laughed and sped up, making a left then slamming his foot down on the brakes. Pacifica lunged forward, rolling over the seat and onto Mabel's lap. Dipper cheered and watched as both girls' faces turned bright red. He stepped out and left them to mutter apologies.

He walked around the ruins of the shack, rubbing his chin. Mabel was beside him in an instant. She had pulled her hood over her face, trying to hide her burning cheeks.

"Okay" Dipper spun on his heel to face the two girls, awkwardly standing next to each other "walk round and pick up anything that looks new or suspicious".

They nodded and parted separate ways whilst Dipper walked through the middle. He scanned the floor with narrowed eyes.

He saw mabel trudging towards the back of the shack and pacifica towards the left.

About an hour later, mabel, who had finally put her hood down, called over the other two. She had a piece of paper in her hands and by the looks of it, it was fresh. Dipper took it.

"Its gibberish" he frowned.

"Maybe its in a different language" Mabel shrugged.

Dipper put the paper into his pocket, nodding "yeah, maybe Great Uncle Ford can translate it for us".

"Can I drive this time?" Mabel asked, skipping towards the cart.

Dipper hesitantly nodded and sat in the passenger seat, pacifica once again, behind them.

"Just be careful" he decided to keep a close eye on her feet, just in case she decided to speed up. Mabel hadn't got her licence and he was pretty sure she never would.

She started off slowly, Dipper guiding her. He'd taken a map of the forest and where all the magical beings were from Ford, who had been keeping an eye on the gremgoblins for a long time. He would've done something about them but his excuse was that he was 'too old'.

"Okay, take a right then keep heading forward until you find a cave" Dipper had studied the map hours before they had set off and knew all the places gremgoblins liked to hide from the journal. He even brought a bunch of old swords lying around the shack, just in case anything happened.

"Stop" Mabel slammed down on the brakes, causing the cart to slide in the mud a bit before stopping.

Everyone stepped out, feeling sick and light headed.

"I'm driving back" Dipper said.

Pacifica agreed quietly and Mabel pouted before agreeing as well. They all ventured into the cave, Dipper bringing a torch and a sword. He saw something flash in the cave and stepped in front of the girls. The thing started moving rapidly towards them and Dipper let out a shriek before stumbling backwards and turning to run.

"My hero" pacifica rolled her eyes and smiled.

Dipper frowned at her.

Mabel chuckled, looking back at the cave just as a figure walked out.

He was a tall blonde man wearing a yellow suit. One eye was covered by an eye patch with a yellow triangle on it, the other an electric blue.

"Shooting star, is that you?" he scanned the trio, a mischievous grin forming on his face "you've grown".

Mabel didn't say anything, her eyes were wide, mouth an 'o'.

The man turned to Dipper "pine tree, long time no see!" He grinned, showing off inhuman fangs. "You look surprised" he tilted his head before realising and grinning wider "you like my new form? Trust me, I didn't possess anyone for this" he swept a hand down his body "a friend made it for me".

Dipper was speechless. Without realising Bill could read his mind he thought:

Oh no he's hot

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE!! I might update tomorrow but idk
Hope you liked this part! More billdip coming soon ;)

(Edited)