ch32

AN: Make sure to play this song before reading it fits this chapter perfectly.

Raven

Gabriel runs in front of me as I tell him which turns to take. This building is ten times bigger than it looks from the outside. It takes us about five minutes just to reach the exit.

I pray that the last group got Bethany out. We sprint to the parking lot where we first arrived at.

My eyes widen when I see her, wrapped in a blanket. She skinny beyond belief, her cheeks hollowed out and her pale arms covered in bruises but she's alive, When she sees me the blanket drops from her shoulders. She stands up away from the van and holds her arms out for me. I walk into them openly, tears streaming down my face. I hug her tightly, my fingers gripping her shoulders. "I missed you so much." I say pulling away slightly to at her. "I missed you too." She says giving me a weak smile. I laugh lightly from relief to finally have my sister back in my arms. She kisses my forehead, causing my to cry harder. "I love you." She says. "I love you too." I say finally pulling away completely.

Her eyes brighten when she sees Gabriel behind me. He smiles at her, She hugs him, his frame towering over her. She lets out a watery laugh. "Why are you here?" She asks looking between me and Gabriel. "It's a long story, I'll explain later." I say giving Gabriel a knowing smile. He smiles back at me.

I face Braylen, "Where's dad?" I asks noticing he's not here. "He coming in a few minutes, he has business to take car off before we leave." He says climbing in the passenger seat. I nod climbing in the back, helping Bethany in. She sits across from me and Gabriel sits next to me. He grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly. I look over at Bethany, who looks from our intertwined hands to me. She smiles at me. I send her a look that says 'I'll explain later'. She nods still smiling.

After everyone comes back, we start back. I notice that Gunner is missing. I know what that means, but I'm to emotionally exhausted to ask hat happened. I lean my head on Gabriel's shoulder. He lets go of my hand and wraps his arm around my shoulder. I smile slightly before falling asleep without dreaming of a nightmare for the first time in the past year. Knowing that everyone I love is safe, and finally feeling safe myself.

AN: It's a short chapter but I wanted it to end here. This is the last chapter of By chance, besides the epilogue. Thank you for everyone who's read this book beginning to end. :)