20. It Wasn't Cool

i was supposed to upload this monday but i kept getting interrupted by finals project and stuff ): sorry! anyway, this chapter definitely surprised me. i had it all planned out one way but while i was typing i suddenly changed it completely. this song completely fits omfg. im so excited, i like feel that pulse in this story again (: so no writer's block anymore, at least for the next few chapters. (:

______________________________________________________

Selena's POV:

Sweat drips from Michael's forehead and I walk over to him, reassuringly patting his back.

"Dude, the game didn't even start yet," I chuckle and he wipes his palms against his football shorts.

"I'm just nervous," he sheepishly admits while I shrug.

"Don't worry, uh, man," I lower my voice and he sends me a warm, but small slight smile.

"Thanks, Sean, You're the best," he flips his hair before making his way to his field position. We are facing some unknown local school for our first game of the season. I look up from my spot and my eyes stop on a familiar brunette with sunglasses on and a snapback I had bought him.

He seems to notice my awareness of his presence so he grins and waves back while I give him a subtle head nod before the referee blows the whistle. It's game time. 

I steal the ball and run down the field, passing it to Harry, in hopes that he won't disappoint me. 

And he doesn't.

Score.

It isn't long until the first round is over and we are winning greatly, 4-0. Our group huddles up and Harry gives us a quick pep talk, while we all hydrate and wash off our sweat. The game so far is pretty intense despite the other school's failing efforts to gain a goal; they are still determined and hard-working, pushing us to our limits. I like this new foreign rush. Sure, it meant lying and decieving those I care about, but at the moment, it seems totally worth it, totally worth the feeling of intense victory. Tyler jumps down the stands and comes over, giving me a tight hug.

"Hey squirt," he smiles down at me, "I see you bossing the field."

"Hey Ty," I keep my arms clasped around his waist and look up, "What are you doing here?"

"I had to come see my favourite girl play her first game," he grins, sparking the interest of the rest of my teammates.

"Girl?" Calum raises an eyebrow and my eyes widen. Oh fuck. I just realize my voice isn't low either so I awkwardly cough and deepen my voice.

"Uh, yeah he was just, uh kidding, you know. We always call each other girls, mhm," I lie and Louis and Liam face palm themselves at how stupid I sounded. Luckily for me, Harry believes it.

"Oh, I get it," Harry chuckles and I look at him puzzled.

"You do? I mean, yeah you do, I do too," I stumble over my words. 

"Wait, how do you know Tyler, Sean?" Harry rubs his chin.

"Yeah, how do you?" Zayn pipes in as I send Tyler a nervous look.

"We uh met when I was bonding with Selena," Tyler nods and wraps his arm around my shoulder. 

"Speaking of Selena, do you know why she didn't come?" Harry pouts, gesturing to the stands, missing well, me. 

"Oh, uh, she's really tired," Tyler fills in for me, "I texted her this morning."

"Me too, but she never responded," Harry frowns and I try to hold back a chuckle.