29. Let The Games Begin

hi sorry this is really short but i just wanted to keep certain parts for the next chapter (x btw, did you see this tweet that nick sent to demi? ♥‿♥ its the sweetest/cheesiest thing ever i love them. massive thank you for reading and commenting! i love every single one of you for dealing with my immature writing (: so um, bad news is that i dont know how often i can update since i start summer school in like 8 hours and all ): SAT, ugh i hate being at this age. ill try my best to upload daily though! btw, picture of how 'elaine' looks like on the side (x 

________________________________________________________

Harry's POV: 

I lean against the pale wall, admiring just how bright and white every part of this room is, with the occassional green screens and bulky cameras. Cara tilts her head and puckers her lips, shifting facial expressions periodically. Sliipping my phone out of my back pocket, I check it for any unread messages but there's nothing. Unconsciously, my fingers automatically search for Selena's contact as my fingers hover hesitantly over the keyboard.

What am I doing?

I have nothing to say to her. 

Right?

Maybe I'm foolish for letting her go? 

Am I?

I can't stop thinking about her letter and her efforts to win back my trust. It makes me want to dump Cara, forgive her, and just run up to her whilst engulfing her into a hug. 

But. 

I also can't stop thinking about the night I saw her with Gregg and the bottled anger I felt. The way she fought back made me so...furious. I just wanted her to feel some pain like the one she inflicted upon me. I just felt so betrayed and astounded. 

I don't know how to feel. 

Sighing, I ruffle my own hair before pushing the fringes back, deciding to return my phone back to my jeans pocket. As I look up, I see Cara heading over to me with a smile as she tugs on my jacket.

"Hey," I greet her as she presses her lips onto mine.

"You know, I'm going to be really busy starting tomorrow," she pouts, her red lip stick smudging onto my face.

"That's gross, Cara," I groan, removing my arm from her waist and rubbing the unwanted makeup off my own face.

"Sorry," she giggles as I sigh.

"So, why are you really busy?"

"There's going to be some duo pageant thing involving little girls and their like sisters or like older friends, or whatever. And all existing models must be a mentor for a group, even the guy ones. Part-times just get to supervise and watch," she explains to me with a roll of her eyes.

"You don't think that's fun?"

"Some of the kids are brats," she mutters.

"You don't like kids?"

"Some," she shrugs her shoulders and I feel a bit taken back. Personally, I love children and I had hoped that my girlfriend would feel the same. Before I could speak up, the same man I've met the first time I had come, appears in front of me. 

"It's nice to meet you again," the man shakes my hand as I nod, "Likewise, sir."

"Did you think about my offer?" Pierre shoots me an expectant smile.

"Uh...no, I don't think I would become a model with all the football games and university work," I sheepishly decline.

"You can be a part-time one, just for now? Then, if you become too busy, you can always leave. Please?" he clasps his hands together, hopeful as I gulp.