39. Shut Up

sorry, ive been like gone for a while but this is not how this chapter should've went. idk why but wattpad was claiming my chapter to be copyrighted or restricted or something and it wouldnt let me upload what i had before so i had to delete a lot. that's why its so short ): sorry! its about 5:30 AM right now and im so tired but i really just wanted to somehow get this out! anyway, one direction had their last american TMH concert on august 10th and i went! IT WAS SERIOUSLY THE BEST NIGHT EVER ASLDJEO IREW IM BARELY BREATHING IT WAS THE MOST PERFECT FIRST CONCERT. i am now suffering post-concert feels/depression. my feelings on the side > (: 

___________________________________________________

Selena's POV: 

I take a final sip of the homemade, freshly-brewed coffee from the green mug cradled in my hands and then pick it up ever so gingerly, carefully heading to the sink to deposit the porcelain beauty in the sink. As I turn the faucet on, I watch the streak of cold water stream down and fill up the dirty, now-stained cup. 

"Here, sweetie, I'll do the dishes," Anne steps behind me but I shake my head and stand my ground.

"I insist," I shoot her a genuine grin and she slowly gives in, nodding as she hands me the dirty breakfast plates. Bringing it back to the sink, I can feel her eyes on my back but it isn't uncomfortable like how most people feel under parental vision. It feels reassuring, it's own kind of nice. After scrubbing a few plates, I hear the sound of retreating steps and I realize that Anne has temporarily left the kitchen, leaving me to myself and my thoughts. Last night flashes back and I can't fight the grin from growing on my face; after we came back from our walk, we just chilled around and played tacky family games. It was simply nice. Nothing too extravagant and I loved every single minute of it. 

Harry's POV: 

"Selena," I mumble and move to tilt my head so that it can be buried in her neck but to no avail; I find my neck collapsing onto the bedsheets. Immediately, I sit up, suddenly aware that Selena's presence is missing from the warm comforts of my bed. I groan as I ruffle my hair with one hand before reluctantly pushing myself up from the soft mattress. Getting up, I walk over to the bathroom and quickly fulfill my morning routine before reaching for the closest t-shirt I can find to throw on over my topless torso. I slowly descend the stairs and find Gemma and my mum staring at me expectantly as I make my way down.

"What?" I direct towards them as they eagerly beckon me to join them on the couch in the living room. 

"Where's Se--" I begin but never manage to finish as Gemma clamps her hand over my mouth. Following her line of sight, I see Selena drying the last plate and putting it on the shelf.

"When was the last time you invited a courteous girl home?" my mum begins but before I can even reply, she cuts in herself.

"Never!"

Well then. 

"Harry, Selena's...amazing."

"I know." I don't see the point of them keeping me here. There's nothing new to me here. 

"Don't let her go," she softly strokes my cheek and I close my eyes in comfort. I miss my mum so much due to college and I miss her reassuring words and sweet voice. 

"I never plan to," I reply a bit raspily before my eyelids flutter open again. 

"So, you're serious about her?" my mum makes sure, studying my eyes intently.

"Mum, if I could marry her right now, I would."

"Good, I expect to see her walk down the aisle in white towards you," Gemma butts in and I roll my eyes though deep inside, I expect that too.