30. Slow Down

hey guys! im so sorry this is so late but i really didn't have time to write and i hope i dont come off as unappreciative or ignorant :b i read all of your comments everyday! seriously, the support and feedback you guys give are honestly the best things in the world. i can have a totally shitty day and just come home and see these on my laptop and just smile like an idiot to myself (: as someone reminded me, it was not so long ago when i just had like 1,000 reads and now there's 21,000+! seriously, insane. so massive thank you for all that take the time to read my crappy writing and thanks for getting really into it (: when my friends tell me they like something i write, i dont take it as seriously since i like know them and they probably feel obligated to say it as my friends, but most of you are like strangers all around the world. it's just something to take in and it's honestly mindblowing. anyway, i find it hard to update since i just have a lot on my plate due to summer school ((which btw is a personal SAT hell)) but ill try my best to. anyway, im not terribly proud of certain parts of this chapter /:  but yeah...i will shut up & go cram 50 vocab words for my quiz tomorrow now! thanks for reading all this if you do (:

________________________________________________________ 

Tyler's POV: 

I smile and nod my head to the beat of the music played in the background of Selena's dorm, watching her twist and turn her body in ways I did not think was possible. Her eyebrows are scrunched up and it is obvious she's putting in all her effort to land on the correct steps and what not. In the middle of her body-rolling, I realize I can't contain my laughter anymore, accidentally spilling my light chuckles. Abruptly, she pauses and narrows her eyes at me, folding her arms across her chest and walking back to her bedstand, shutting off the music player. 

"Why'd you stop?" I laugh as she lightly hits me in the chest.

"What's so funny?" she huffs jokingly. 

"You're so concentrated," I comment as she frowns at me. 

"What's wrong with that? I just really don't want to mess up," she bites her lips and pushes a damp strand of hair behind her ear. She wipes away a drop of perspiration despite only wearing a light blue ombre colored tank top and black athletic short-shorts.

"It's just that...you look so stiff. Like this thing is so technical," I slowly try to convey my message to the confused brunette.

"It is technical. There's steps and rules for rhythm and all that," she shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah, but dance should be passionate. You should show emotion and just like let loose, man. Do whatever and have fun," I suddenly stand up and place my arms around her with her back pressed against my chest. 

"Move your arms like this," I instruct as she does what I tell her.

"No, too stiff," I tap her arms repeatedly until she gets annoyed and just loosens up.

"Good," I nod. Walking over to her bedstand, I turn on the music again, my fingers lingering around the play button as I grin widely.

As the loud sound resonates in the room, I join her, purposely dancing to my heart's content as she erupts into giggles. 

"What are you doing?" she asks while laughing.

"Dancing. It's about having fun, you know?" I continue to bust my rather embarrassing and blinding moves as she repeatedly hits my shoulder.

"Stop!" she chuckles and now we're both laughing so hard at what a fool I am that our eyes begin to water.

"See. Just be free," I motion for her to try and she smiles at me knowingly before dancing with more spontaneous emotion.