Chapter 39

NIALL'S POV

I hear our door bell ring. I am the only one home because Josh left earlier this morning to visit his family for break. I open the door to face the talented ginger himself, Mr. Ed Sheeran. I grab my luggage, hoodie, and sunglasses then walk out the door to the car that will drop us off at the airport. "Hey man." I say and shake his hand. "Hey, ready to go see the girls?" He asks me. "Of course. I miss them." I answer. I really do wish the girls could live here or go on tour with us, that would be so much fun. We pull up to the airport after driving for a while. We make sure we are unrecognizable, so we don't get stopped by fans. Since there is only two of us, it shouldn't be too difficult. We successfully make it through security and on the plane safely without being noticed by too many people. We go sit in our first class seats and wait for the plane to take off. Once we are in the air, I glance over and see Ed staring at me. "May I help you?" I ask him and laugh a little. "You like her don't you?" He asks me. "I like who?" I ask confused. "Katelyn." He answers simply and without any hesitation. "Pshh, of course not. She is Josh's girlfriend." I answer him and look away avoiding eye contact. Ed looks at me with a disbelieving look. I sigh. "Is is really that obvious?" I ask him in defeat. "Only to me apparently." He answers. "I really do like her, but I could never do that to Josh. It would completely ruin our friendship." I look over at Ed after confessing my feelings and he looks like he's trying to think of what to say at this moment. "You know Niall, I'm not going to lie. I see something when Katelyn talks to you, I'm not exactly sure what it is, but I can tell it's a special connection. Don't tell Josh I'm telling you all this because it might not end well. Time can only tell what will happen between all of us. But everything will work out for the best, I promise you that." I think about those words for a second, "Thanks Ed. That is probably the best advice anyone has given to me about liking someone." I say with a smile. I continue, "Now, what about you and Dylan?" I ask with a wink. He laughs, "It'a going great. She is a really lovely girl." I can tell by the look in his eyes that he really truly likes Dylan. I hope they have a very good relationship. "By the way, Dylan thinks you and Katelyn would be very cute together." He continued. "Wait, what? But she knows Katelyn is dating Josh. And how does she know about me having feelings for Katelyn?" I ask, sounding more frantic than I planned to. "Calm down man. Dylan said she can just tell there is something between you two. Just don't worry. Time will tell." And with that said, Ed put his headphones in and trying to get some because the time zone kills us. I decide to do the same. I search in my backpack for my headphones, take my iPhone out of my pocket. I press the home button and a picture of Katelyn and I appear on my lock screen. Maybe one day this can become true.

*note*

Oh my gosh everyone! I am so sorry for not writing in over a month! I have been so busy, it's crazy. I hope you all like this chapter and please keep reading. Also, spread this story to fellow Directioners if you wish. I love all your support and love. Thank you so much, I will try to always make all of you happy and never disappoint.

Love, Callan <3