Chapter 22

JOSH'S POV

Ed is playing his last song, then we have a quick 20 minute intermission and we go on stage. After Ed finishes his last song, he comes off stage smiling like crazy. "What's up with you?" Liam asks him. "I saw the most beautiful girl." He answers, then I think. "I hope it's not my girl your talking about." "I really don't think it is. Here I will point her out." We walk over to the curtains and Ed and I stick our heads out just enough so the fans won't see us. He points to a girl. That's Dylan. Wow, it's Ed's lucky day. We are gonna have to set them up. "Her name is Dylan. She's friends with my kind of girlfriend. Lucky for you, we are seeing them tonight after the show. You should stick around. I will get Katelyn to introduce you to her." "Really? That's great! Thanks Josh." "No problem, see you later, I gotta go get ready." I then leave Ed in his daydream about Dylan. That would be cool. They seem like they would be good for each other. I go back to the boys, 2 minutes left. I start to hear the girls get louder and louder as our countdown gets lower and lower in time. All of our instrument players in the band, which includes me, go on stage and set up. The crowd goes crazy! I sit on my drum set stool and get everything ready. I do a quick check and make sure I have all my drum sticks, then I put in my set of ears, so I can hear what I'm playing over all the screaming and music. The boys have already gone down the ramp under the stage so they can't be elevated on this platform up to the actual stage. I look in the front row and see Katelyn looking at me and she gives me a thumbs up. I smile and wink at her and she looks down and blushes. I then hear in my set of ears. 'We are on in 3, 2, 1.' The boys start getting lifted up to the level of the stage and we all start playing. It's amazing to hear all the fans, I will never get tired of it. The boys are now stage level and jumping around and singing on the stage. I look over at Katelyn again and she is having the time if her life. I should invite all of them to more concerts.

NIALL'S POV

The boys and I head down the ramp to the platform where we will be lifted on stage. The crowd gets louder, so I'm guessing the band just went on stage. We all put in our set of ears, the crowd's noise is muffled just a bit. I look over at all the boys and look over at the stage crew who is controlling the platform and they give me a thumbs up and I do a small nod signaling I'm ready. Liam, Harry, Zayn, and Louis do the same following me. Our microphones are handed to us and then I hear through my ears, 'We are on in 3, 2, 1.' I feel the platform that we are standing on start to move up as our backs will be facing the crowd. The first song we are singing is 'Live While We're Young'. The crowd goes crazy. I turn around to face the audience and look down to the front row and see Katelyn, Dylan, Kiki, and Alanna. They look like they are having the time of their lives. Katelyn looks so carefree and happy. We go through quite a few songs, now time for twitter questions. The couch gets rolled onto the stage and we all jump on it, colliding with each other. We then get up and readjust ourselves, so we are all sitting on the couch. Liam reads the first question, "I love you guys so much. I was wondering, how many of you have girlfriends, including the band?" Louis and Zayn raise their hands, then I look back at Josh. Louis walks over to Josh with the microphone. "Would you like to answer Josh?" He looks over at Katelyn and answers, "Well, I'm not sure. We haven't gone a first date yet, but I hope she will eventually be my girlfriend." The crowd did a collective 'awwww' and Katelyn just looked down and blushed. This made me feel almost kind of aggravated. I really shouldn't be jealous, but I just am. I can't control it. After a few more questions, we continue singing. I have a plan for one of our songs.

Katelyn's POV

The concert is amazing so far! That was so cute when Josh said he didn't know if I was his girlfriend. I liked that answer because honestly, I don't even know how this is going to work out. He is still touring for the next few months and doesn't live here in Florida. Major long distance relationship issue, but I think it could possibly work, I am willing to try it. The boys have just finished singing 'Rock Me' and I hear the music for 'More Than This' start to play. I love this song, especially Niall's solo part. It's so cute. I sing along with the boys, right before Niall's solo, he walks over near me and sings out to the audience, "If I'm louder, would you see me. Would you lay down, in my arms and rescue me. Cause we are the same. You save me, when you leave it's gone again." Then Louis starts singing his solo. At the chorus Niall looks at me and sings his heart out. He is so cute and his voice is like an angel. I hope Josh doesn't notice this, I don't want him being jealous and getting mad at Niall. I don't think he will, Niall and I are just friends and Josh knows that. I will talk to Niall about it later tonight.