Chapter 40

NIALL'S POV

Ed and I arrive at the airport in Florida, such a familiar place since the day we had to leave the first time. We see the airport security waiting for us and get escorted to our car. Harry texted me Katelyn's address earlier this morning before we left, so I would know where to drive. We pull up in front of Katelyn's house and I see her truck, and I also see Dylan's jeep in her driveway. Perfect. Ed and I get out of the car, and I call Katelyn's phone. "Hello?" She answers. "Hey Katelyn, how are you feeling?" I ask. "Still pretty miserable." She answers after a sigh. Ed and I walk up to her front door as I keep the conversation going on the phone with her. "I'm so sorry. I wish I could be there with you, love." "It's okay, Niall. I understand you and the boys are busy." Ed rings the doorbell. "Hey, Niall? I will call you back, someone is at my front door." She hangs up the phone and I see her walking toward the door through the glass part of the wooden door. I feel all the nerves approach me even more than before. I see her face as she unlocks the door. The door opens and she sees us.

KATELYN'S POV

"Hey, Niall? I will call you back, someone is at my front door." I tell Niall as I walk toward my front door. I unlock my door then open it to see who it is. Niall? Ed? "Oh. My. Gosh!" I basically leap into Niall's arms in a hug. He spins me around while hugging me then sets me back on the ground. I jump over to Ed and hug him as well. "Hold on just a second." I tell both of them and stick my head inside my front door. "DYLAN! STOP STUFFING YOUR FACE WITH MY FOOD. I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU." I yell at Dylan, who is in my room watching tv and eating all the food in my house. "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" she yells back at me while walking through the hallway. "Come get these people to go away." I say to her. Her face lights up like a Christmas tree when she sees who is at the door. She squeals and runs to Ed. "I missed you so much!" she says to him. Ed just hugs her tighter and replies, "I missed you too." I interject, "Come on love birds, lets go inside." Dylan looks at me with daggers in her eyes and puts up her middle finger. I reply to her gesture, "Thank you." We all walk inside and Dylan takes Ed to show her the guest room which is technically her room considering how much time she spends over here. I take Niall to the kitchen because I know he is bound to be hungry.

NIALLS POV

We are finally here and I get to spend alone time with the girl I love. After that grand greeting at the door, Katelyn takes me inside to the kitchen, she knows me so well. She walks over to the refrigerator and turns toward me, "Whatcha hungry for?" she asks. "Anything, you know me." I answer. she giggles and walks to the pantry instead. She pulls out a small microwavable bowl of Mac n cheese pasta shells and fills it with water and puts it into the microwave. I look at her with the saddest eyes and she looks up at me. "What's with the sad face, Horan?" she asks and laughs at me. I open my arms out to her and she walks over and hugs me. Gosh, this feels so right being here with her. I hold her tightly in the hug and whisper to her, "I missed you so much." She replies, "I missed you too Niall." And then the microwave beeps and we pull away.