Chapter 41

DYLANS POV

Niall and Katelyn went into the kitchen to talk for a bit, and Ed followed me into the living room where most of Katelyn's food sat on her couch. We sat down together and I grabbed the popcorn from where it was sitting on the couch and replaced in with my butt. "So, couldn't go too long without crawling back to momma?" I joked around. He plumped on the couch next to me. "Oh, of course!" He laughed. "I know, Im like oxygen. No one can live without me" "vain much?" He asked. "No, just confident" I shoved a fistful of popcorn in my mouth. "Thaaaaaat's sexy" "you know it" I mumbled through the ball of popped corn in my mouth. I poked his belly with my toe. "Well that's not very nice" "what ya going to do about it, gingy?" He grabbed a water bottle sitting on the table, and poured it down my back. "Oh, it's on." I threw a fist of popcorn at him. He retaliated with an open can of Pringles and crumbled over me and the couch. I grabbed his hand before he grabbed the bag of marshmallows and looked at him in the eyes. He stared at me for a few moments before I began to lean in, and he reciprocated, inching toward me. When he was so close, I could almost feel my heart beating out of my chest and the warmth of his breath tickled my nose, I put my hand on his waist, and...

pushed him off the couch. "Sucker!" I grabbed the marshmallows and threw them at his confused face. "No fair! I call foul play! You made a pass at me, therefore we were obviously on pause!" "That's not how this game works, NOT IN MY HOUSE, EDDY BOY." "THIS ISNT YOUR HOUSE!" He laughed and grabbed the nearest food item to him, which happened to be a box of cereal, which he then proceeded to dump on me. We continued our food war until both of us were tired. "You're a worthy adversary, Mr. Sheeran." "You as well, truce?" "Truce." We shook hands, covered in different layers of food. "But you did make a pass at me." He stated, in a "matter of fact" tone. "All I know is, my war tactics are never synonymous with reality. Gotta detach yourself out here. Makes it easier." I squinted my eyes. "You're such a nerd." "But I would be one great general." "Yes, yes you would." We laughed. "Does katelyn have a shower? I feel all dirty and gross now." "No Ed, she uses a hose outside." "Okay smart ass, where is her shower?" "Down that hall, to the right." I may have gotten Ed sticky in soda. Oops. I wiped off all the varying crumbs from my clothes and picked them out of my hair. I walked into the kitchen and found Niall and Katelyn weren't there. When I looked out the window, the car he came in was gone. "Oh, then." When I walked back into the living room, Ed was sitting on the couch in a robe. "What happened to your clothes?" "This insanely cute girl dumped soda on me and dumped chips on me." "She sounds great." I went behind the couch and started playing with his hair. "Yeah, Shes pretty, sweet, and funny." "Oh, do keep stroking my ego, young Ed." "Well, she's smart, one hell of a soldier," "you're damn right." "She has beautiful hair, and gorgeous eyes, and soft hands," "soft hands?" "Im saying every nice thing I can think about you!" "Okay, okay, continue." "She has a cute little nose, pink cheeks,""well, aren't you just the sweetest thing?" "Who said I was done?" "Sorry! Continue". I was twisting his hair in between my fingers. "She has tiny feet, and tiny hands, and she's super short. But it's nice. And she's nice to just look at for a while and just listen to, because she has a lovely tune of a voice." I saw Katelyn's name go across my phone screen sitting on the counter, but I ignored it. I was too engaged in Ed's voice. I moved from behind the couch and sat next to him while he was still talking. "And she has a pretty smile, and I think Im starting to like her a lot." I just looked at Ed for a minute. "Well, that's unfortunate." He looked at me with a confused expression. "Why is that?" "Because she likes you a lot too." "Then why is it unfortunate?" "Because it won't end well, and it wouldn't last." "Why?" "It never does." I looked down in my lap, and played with my fingers, not wanting to make eye contact with him. "Who says this wouldnt?" "Like I said, never does." "Why not?" "Because, guys say they like you, but don't like having to deal with your problems as well. You may like me, but hardly anyone can handle me. Too much baggage." His hand laid on my knee, and I pushed it away. "Can I ask you something?" "Within reason." "Did katelyn really slam a door in your face?" "Nope." I felt the tears well in my eyes but they wouldn't fall. I wouldn't let them. "You know, I've got two pretty strong arms. I can help you carry that baggage, if you'll let me." I smiled to myself, almost in disbelief. "I suppose you can try." "Even if I can't carry it all for you, i can try. Even if I can't lift all the weight, I can at least make it lighter" He sat up and put his arms around me, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Ed, I don't think you being naked with nothing but a robe is a good time to do this." "Oh contrar . It's the best time. It shows true vulnerability. There are a few situations where you're most vulnerable, which Is when you're crying, like you are now, and when you're completely exposed. I figured it's the best of time to be naked!! It's like creating a bond of naked crying time." "You're an idiot." I laughed and pushed his head, and as I did that, he grabbed my wrist with one hand, then the back of my neck with the other, pulled me in and kissed me. Wow.

*note*
Hi everyone. In honor of Dylan's 18th birthday, I let her write this chapter completely on her own with full credit to her. Please no hate, only love for this story and Dylan. Thank you to everyone for reading my story and I hope you enjoy it :)
Love, Callan <3