Chapter 18

JOSH'S POV

I can't believe that guy did that to her and expects her to date him. What a jerk! Lucky for me, I am going to make him regret all of that and he still isn't going to get her. We keep walking to the venue and we get to the backstage entrance door to the arena. I pull the performer pass out of my pocket and show the security guard blocking the door. "Is she with you?" The guard asks me. "Yes, this lovely lady is." I look over at Katelyn and she just puts her head down and blushes. "Ok, go ahead." He says as he opens the door for us. We walk in and it's really dark. This is the perfect opportunity. "Hey, I want you to close your eyes and don't open them until I say. And take my hand." I tell Katelyn. "Ok, but it's dark anyway." "Just please keep the shut." I say with a little laugh after. "I promise." She grabs my hand. Wow, I wish we could do this more often. I pull out my phone for light, I walk her to the middle of the stage and tell her to wait there while I go turn on the stage lights and audience lights. After I do, I walk back over to her and put my hands over her eyes. "Now open." I say as I remove my hands from her eyes. "Wow, so this is what it's like every night you guys are on stage." "Yeah, except there is usually people in the audience." And we both laugh. "So, you wanna go ahead and start playing?" "Of course!" She says excitedly. We walk over to my drum set. "So, how about I show you, then you try it." "Ok, that sounds fine." So I sit down at my drum set and start playing a simple beat that isn't too hard to follow along to. I stand up then let Katelyn sit down, she grabs another pair of drumsticks and starts playing what I just played. "Your a natural! I told you that you could do this." I say to her as encouragement. We switch spots again and I try something a bit harder and what do you know, she got that too. I bumped up the skill levels a little more every time until about the seventh time, she just absolutely couldn't get it. The face she was making was so cute, she couldn't figure it out. Then she stops and turns around and looks at me, "Josh, I've hit a barrier. I can't play it." "Here it goes like this." I say as she gets up. "Here, sit on my lap." I say and pat a spot on my leg. She hesitates but then sits on my lap. Lucky she isn't too tall. I wrap my arms around her arms and grab her wrists, then start playing the rhythm. I then whisper in her ear, "See, your doing it." And I let go of her wrists as she continues playing. She stops and then gets up and hugs me. "Thank you so much Josh." "No problem, is that all you wanna learn?" "Yeah, for today I guess." I look in the back of the floor seating and see the sound guys getting ready for sound check, that gives me an idea. I look over at Katelyn, "Do you wanna hear one of our songs with just drums?" "Yes!" "Ok, what song?" "I want?" She says in a questioning voice. "Of course. " I then yell to the sound guys, "HEY! CAN I GET 'I WANT' ON SOUNDTRACK PLEASE!???!" then it starts playing and I play along. Her face just lit up like a Christmas tree. She looked so amazed. I play with the rest of the song and then Katelyn responds, "Oh my gosh, that was amazing!" "You will get there eventually, but only if you let me keep teaching you." "Sounds like a deal." "JOSHY POO!" I hear from the back entrance doors, I know that is Louis. "LOUIS POOIE!" And Katelyn just laughs at us and all the boys walk on stage. "KATELYN!" All the boys shout once they see her. "LOUIS, LIAM, ZAYN, HARRY, NIALL!" she shouts at them. She runs over and they all go into a group hug and I just laugh. She seems Paul and then she screams, "PAULLLLL!!!" Then she runs over and literally jumps on him for a hug, he hugs back and sets her down. "Hey kiddo." He greets her as he ruffles her hair. We all just laugh. She is such a little kid, yet so mature, I love that about her. Her phone ringtone then goes off and she takes it out of her pocket and looks at it. "Hey guys, I gotta go get ready, so see ya around 5:30. Bye!" She says and as she turns and walks away, I run after her. "Hey Katelyn,wait up!" She turns back around. "I gotta ask you something." We walk to where the boys can't see or hear us. I breathe in and then exhale, "I really like you and was wondering if maybe, we could go out sometime? Like on an actual date?" I waited for her reply and she blushed, "I would love to." She said with a smile then leaned up and kissed my check, "Now I gotta go back to the girls, I will see ya later drummer boy." "Ok, my little drummer girl." I say with a wink and she turned around and walked out the backstage door. Yes, I finally get a chance to make her mine.