luke's diary

Thursday March 28

I walked through the empty roads of my school, westbrook high.It was my summer break now.I wore my gray jacket and I hid my hands in the pockets.There were strangers surrounding the area.And I didn't want them to cut my hands off with knives.The garden of the school was my favorite place to be in.There were birds chirping, the strong winds blowing, and beautiful trees planted everywhere.I saw an iron gate at the corner of the garden.I pushed it open and I found Nathan Turner talking to himself.He was the brother of Audrey Turner. Nathan was my classmate.He was in my history class. "Hey Nathan" I said. I noticed him quickly shoving a box of weed into his jacket. "Uh hey! what are you doing here Luke?" He asked nervously. "Oh I was just here to take a walk." I replied.Then I left the corner of the garden and went to the boy's bathroom in the school. I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror.The mirror was dusty and there was graffiti all over it.And the sink was a little dirty and most of the sinks were out of order.Suddenly, a girl came out of a bathroom stall behind me.I recognized her right away.Her name was Katie. She always had bloodshot eyes, probably because she takes drugs. "Hey katie" I say. "Hey Luke" She said, rubbing her eyes.She wore a leather coat with a shirt under and skinny jeans. "Are you semi gay?" She asked, taking out a cigarette stick from her coat pocket.I shook my head and went into a bathroom stall to take a wee.The tissue holder was broken and a spider was hanging from one of the air fresheners.After 20 seconds, I wiped my penis and went out of the stall. I found Katie smoking and she was wearing her earphones. "Luke, wanna try some cigarettes?" She asked, giving me a cigarette stick. She looked like she wanted to persuade me. I didn't want her to get mad, so I got the stick and placed it in my mouth. I felt like I was going crazy. Why did I smoke? I don't even smoke! I wanted to run out of the bathroom and throw the stick away.So I did. Luckily, Katie didn't follow me outside. On my way home, I passed by 3 people who were smoking marijuana, I nearly got hit by a car on the road, A dog chased me, and I tripped on a garden gnome and thought I sprained my ankle. When I came home, Mom asked me what I have done. And I said "I was walking around my school". That was a white lie. A white lie is like the truth, but not the whole truth. For example, I told Mom that I wanted to go eat out with Redd. But I didn't tell her that I also wanted to go to Redd's house and play video games with her.