Chapter 32

As soon as I wake up, I make it a point not to move an inch. My entire body is humming and I can't remember exactly why, but I like it. That is, until I realize I'm not in my bed. This bed is much too comfortable to be the one I have at mom's house – it also smells different in here. I take a small sniff of the air around me and my eyes shoot open. I stare quietly at a sleeping Derreck. He looks so peaceful as he sleeps and I don't want to disturb him, but something's different about him. My eyes begin to focus solely on something marking his neck and I cautiously ease myself closer in curiosity. My jaw drops as I see his mark forming there – it's a small flower with two wolves snuggled together. I recognize those wolves, it's Derreck and me in our other forms. But the flower confuses me. It's Monkshood – also known as aconitum, better known as...wolfsbane. Quietly I reach out to touch the mark, realizing my mistake as he shivers softly before slowly opening his eyes. He smiles at me lazily before snuggling closer to me, kissing my nose. I chuckle at him as he pulls back to watch me.

Right, we completed the mating ritual last night.

"Stay here." He tells me before rolling backward off the bed.

I watch with a smirk as he leaves the room without a stitch of clothing on him, feeling my eyes droop closed for a moment. I open them again, but only for a second, when something starts playing with my foot. I kick at the intrusive source, hearing a small groan before they set something down. I smile as I snuggle deeper into the warm comforter when something sits next to me, making the bed dip under the weight. I groan softly as my body follows the movement and am only stopped by a body. A body that I might add smells heavenly. I slowly open my eyes and see Derreck watching me with amusement evident in his eyes. He leans down with the speed of a sloth before placing a soft kiss to my lips, eyes, and cheeks. I sigh contently as he kisses my lips one more time and look up at him as he pulls away.

"A girl can get used to this." I tell him with a smile.

"That's what I'm hoping." He winks and leans down, taking my lips again but I can feel an urgency that wasn't there a moment ago.

I wrap my arms around his neck as he pushes the blanket away from me before settling on top of me. I quickly lose myself in this make-out session but he pulls away. I pout as he looks down at my face, not moving to get off of me. He chuckles at the look on my face before dropping his head into my neck, nuzzling his mark there. I can't stop the moan that escapes me.

"We need to stop here so you can enjoy the amazing breakfast I've made for you." He says, groaning at the idea of not continuing.

"Breakfast?" I ask excitedly, I love food.

He chuckles and the movement sends a wave of pleasure to every inch of my body. "Please stop reacting so much to me or you won't get any food."

"Then get off me so I can stop reacting." I tell him with a smirk and he rolls his eyes – I like seeing him like this...and not just because he's naked.

"I said stop." He says as he walks over to the train with a mountain of food.

"Is this all for me?" I joke, earning another eye roll.

I lick and bite my lip to mess with him as he carries the tray over, and he groans as his eyes darken a shade. I giggle as I can see his restraint loosening. I sit up and pull the sheet around me as he sets the food in front of me, walking around the bed to sit with me. Before I can grab the fork to dig in he makes a noise and I look at him confused.

"I'm feeding you, no arguments." I make no move to stop him as he spears several items together – a bit of pancake, a slice of strawberry, a little bit of melted chocolate, and powdered sugar – before lifting the fork to my mouth.