Chapter 25

Nodding to those with me, I lead the way to the auditorium...technically it's the gym but the other word sounds cooler somehow. When a hand reaches out to take hold of mine, I look back into the eyes of Jase - he looks terrified. Smiling a little, I squeeze his hand for support. I'm not exactly sure what the 'plan' is, but I just hope we can buy enough time until Paul gets here. He's oddly strong as a normal wolf, but his inner beast is nearly unstoppable - and I think we're going to have to unleash it.

"What're you thinking?" Raif asks from my other side.

I shrug. "I'm thinking that this fight is going to be tough...and our last hope will be Paul."

"Is he stable enough for that?" Ian asks worriedly. "I mean, there's a reason he holds back during training - if he gets too riled up, that thing breaks loose. It took Derreck Alpha commanding him to finally get him calm. And poor Trey limped for a week."

"He's really that powerful?" Colin asks, confused. "Then why wasn't he fighting harder during the blood moon?"

Biting my lip, I nod as I think it over and ignore Colin's question because we al know the answer - Paul was scared. "We're going to need that side from him. He may have been able to hold it back that night, but this is different. There are too many people involved and vampires no less. I can't believe Fenris managed to find them."

"I do, he's been saying he's had something 'exciting' coming soon. It never made sense to any of us...I'm just surprised Blaez isn't ripping them to shreds or anything." Colin says with a grunt.

I freeze in place and turn to face him. "Why would he care about vampires?"

"Rumor has it that vamps slaughtered his family - there's was a note on the wall, which was oddly very similar to the one Fenris left you. Anyways, he's always hated them for that...even though no one believed it was actually true." Raif says, clenching his jaw several times.

"Maybe we can use that?" I say slowly, taking a few steps forward.

A horrible stench of death hits my senses, nearly choking me. I stop for a second and cough at the sudden onslaught as someone steps around the corner. "There you are."

Before any of us can do anything, we're surrounded by a bunch of the horrible smelling pale things. Deciding against jumping the gun and losing a fight, I raise both hands above my head in surrender. It's better to make it look like they've caught us trying to sneak away than immediately going on the offensive. Strategy is key in a situation such as this.

The one in front of me gives the others a signal and they move in on us. I make sure to fight back enough to not look suspicious, but I know the guys aren't going down easy. Hearing a thud, I look back and see Xander and a bloodsucker duking it out from the ground. Suddenly the hits Xander over the head and the poor guy lets out a low whimper. Growling lowly, I shove my way over and kick the tick off him. Kneeling down to check on Xander, I don't hear one making it's way to me. Looking up at the last second, all I see is a fist coming at my face.

******

The next thing I'm aware of is being dropped on the floor in front of a pair of rather large, black combat boots. Wincing, I rub my eyes and try to push myself up while hearing low growls all around me. Cracking my neck, I finally make it onto two legs and find myself staring into a pair of cold, chartreuse eyes. Pulling back quickly I run into a hard body. Turning with lightning speed I move to the side so I can get out from between the vampire and Fenris. I I watch them both closely as I take in the faces around me. I definitely see Blaez, Maicoh, and Accalia as well as several faces I've never seen before. Most of the faces in here belong to vamps though. A head of blond hair catches my attention from the corner of the room as the older girl shifts her feet. Furrowing my brow, I turn to face their leader.