Chapter 18

Please read the A/N at the end of the chapter please???
________________________

Yawning I stretch all my sore muscles, feeling as several places click before my hand comes into contact with something warm. Freezing I slowly turn my head and see I'm sharing the bed two other people. Both girls. The water cuts on, making me groan in annoyance and I grudgingly get up. I hiss in a sharp breath when my side starts to go numb. Is it supposed to feel like that? I look over at the clock on the stand between the two beds and see it's about half past seven. I silent cry for a second before the water shuts back off, a petite blond stepping out. Wait, if Aislinn was in the shower...looking over I see Arielle and Laura sleeping peacefully. Rubbing my face I walk over to the light pouring out of the bathroom.

"Sorry if I woke you." Aislinn says timidly.

I sigh, looking down a little to find her eyes. "You didn't, I have to pee."

"Well, okay." She stutters, clearly confused by my outburst.

"Don't worry about, just go back to bed or at least don't wake the others. We still have a few hours before we need to get going." I tell her, patting her head like a child before trekking forward.

"Okay." She answers with a chirpy voice.

It's too early for this...not to mention I shared a bed with Laura. I can already tell that this is not my day. I wipe the sleep from my eyes as I shut the door behind me before settling my business, washing my hands once I'm finished. Sighing I wipe away the creamy layer of fog from the mirror and take in my face. Sure, I looked fine for just waking up but something's...off? I think I'm getting paler or something. I don't know, there's something funky going on with my skin. Remembering the numbness of my side I lift my shirt and gasp - all the veins in the area are so dark they almost look black. All splintering from one central point right above my last rib. The skin's all black and blue again, but there's a little green dispersed too. Being thrown around like I'd been last night certainly didn't help my already bad situation...and the guys can't see this, no way. They'll lock me up for sure.

Okay, the plan for today is to not let any of them know what's going on...then get to old man Henri as soon as I'm clear of them. I nod to myself, that seems like it's simple enough. Nodding again I fill my hands with some water and splash it onto my face before drying off with the hanging towel. Looking over at the shower I decide I might as well take one before the others wake up and take it over, obviously making it impossible to use later. I lock the door before cranking up the hot water and stripping down into my birthday suit. I wait for the room to fill with steam before stepping in, setting the temperature to something more comfortable than scalding. As I massage my shampoo into my scalp I think over the new additions to the pack. Three female wolves, even if one of them is Laura we now have a more stable ratio of girls to guys. Plus now I have people who can understand what it's like to be a she-wolf. But, will Aislinn join us or is she and Colin just going to run off into the horizon? Does that also mean, Arielle and that other one...Shivaun? Will they go with her or...? Too many questions.

I shake off the thoughts as I close my eyes, ducking my head under the water. As the soap races the water down the drain my mind starts to wander. I can see myself swimming in a nice little lagoon with crystal clear water and rocks, sand, and seashells dance along the bottom. I swim to the bottom, grabbing a sparkling conch when a shadow passes above me. Looking up I see a shadowed figure and swim my way toward it, drawing back when I get close enough. Eyes widening I rush forward and drag his body to the surface, finding I'm no longer in my peaceful lagoon but a rushing river surrounds me. It pulls me forcefully, dragging me under every few seconds before I lose my grip on him. Again. I pull back from under the shower and gasp, tears mixing in with the fake rain. I back up against the wall and sink down, trying to hold in the pain.