Chapter nineteen

My mum was trying to calm Dean down whilst my dad was on the phone to James' dad.

"What's going on?" Paddy whispered in my ear as he gently held me by the elbow.
"I don't know," I told him. "I'm sorry about all this."
"Hey, don't worry. Your brother clearly needs you right now. I can go-"
"No!" I said rather quickly. "Please stay," I pouted. "Well I mean- please stay unless you wanna go which is cool."
He laughed, "I think I'd rather spend the day with you," and then kissed my forehead.

James and his parents finally arrived.
We are now all sat in my front room.

"So what's happened?" My dad asked.

James answered as he was in a much better state than Dean.
He started explaining. "I got an email this morning from some unknown email address saying that they know what we did... We as in Dean and I," the room lay silent as we all sat listening. "Apparently Dean and I were in on getting Larry killed."
"WHAT?!" The whole room screamed besides Paddy, who had no idea what was going on, and Dean.
"So I called the police to report the email.... They said they received a similar email. They said their email included something about my anger issues and Dean's depression-"
"Don't piss me off," I snarled. "This is ridiculous. Who the fuck would do this?!"
"Emma," my dad warned. He doesn't like us swearing.
"No dad! Some unknown idiot hiding behind an email can't just start making shit up! These two have been through so much since then and as a family," I laughed a horrid laugh. "As a family we have been through so much! Larry's death is not their fault! It was a drunken mistake! It took everybody ages to get over Larry's death and I don't think anybody is completely over it!" I was finally finished with my rant and my face was heated from the anger I felt.
Everyone looked at me bewildered apart from Dean and James. They knew I was right though.
"She's right," my dad spoke.
"She is. I guess as parents we tried to comfort our own children that we forgot the impact it had on others," James' dad said.
"This is going to bring back everything," James and Dean said in unison.
"We can't let it!" I almost screamed. "We are not letting ourselves go through any of that again! It ruined us and we're- ," I pointed between Dean and I. "We're still ruined."
"I know," Dean whispered, his colour was slightly coming back.
"No." my dad started. "We're not going to let it get to that," my mum finished his sentence.
"We will do whatever it takes to protect our children and that includes you too Carmela," James' mum said.
"And you too Paddy, you are apart of the family," my dad said and Paddy nodded.
"The police want to speak to me and Dean tomorrow," James said.
"We'll be there," our dad's said looking at each other.

We're all like a really close family even though none of us are related.

"I'm going back to bed," I announced.
I heard Paddy murmur "I'll go with her" and then he was behind me.

"Emma," he spoke as he pushed a strand of my hair behind my ear whilst I lay in his arms.
"Mmhm?"
"I've never seen you so angry, it's hot," he laughed which made me giggle.
"Thanks?" I sniffled a laugh.
"No but seriously I've never seen you angry."
"Oh you don't want too," I said in a warning way. "That wasn't even angry. When I'm seriously angry, things get broken."
"I don't want to see you angry, I'll do the best I can to prevent it," he kissed my forehead. "And I'm going to do my best to protect you."
By now, I filled Paddy in with what was going on. He was very sweet and understanding about it and let me cry to him.
"Thank you," I kissed him.
I am genuinely so thankful for Paddy.
"And heyyy, you're dad said I'm apart of the family," he smirked, making me laugh.
"Yeah," I laughed. "He's finally accepted the fact that we're dating," I smiled.
"What are you smiling at?" He asked with a smirk.
"You. Us. Everything that's happened between us so far. Like I can't believe I'm dating Paddy McNair.... I used to just watch you on tv and fantasise over you and now here I am, laying in your arms as your girlfriend."
Paddy laughed and leaned down to kiss me. "Wow, that is a lot for your little self to handle."
"I'm not little," I protested.
"Yeah but you're shorter than me so you are little babe," he winked and I hit him playfully.
His rang.
"It's James," he told me. "I'm going to tell him I'm not going."
"What? Why?" I asked. Paddy's going out with his teammates for a meal and I'm not going to stop him from going.
"I wanna stay here with you and look after you."
"Paddy, I'll be fine- I am fine, babe, go out with your teammates and have fun," I assured him.
"But-"
"Paddy, don't let me stop you from seeing your friends," I told him.
"You're not," he reassured.
"Then go, I'm going to probably just spend the day watching movies because I can't be bothered doing anything," I giggled.
"Are you sure?" I nodded.
"Okay," he kissed me.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay?" He asked me before leaving.
"I promise," I smiled. "Go have fun," and I gave him one last kiss before he left.
"I love you," he smiled.
I smiled back. "I love you too."

Not long after Paddy left, Carmela came into my room.