Chapter forty-seven

I'm quite surprised that my dad didn't give me a straight up no to my question about Australia. I hope he thinks long and hard about it because I really want to go. It will be a great experience for me.

"Come on Emmmmmmmaaaaa," I hear Dean whine from downstairs.

I'm still not talking to him properly but we've started speaking again, on light terms.

We're heading to the Etihad stadium for James' match but Dean needs to stop into work on his way over. I'm already stood in my white skinny jeans and my light blue Man City top with 'Lawson 9' on the back. I matched my outfit with white converses. My hair was still slightly curled at the ends from the shower I had an hour ago so I parted my hair onto either shoulder. There's no need for a jacket today because it's literally like 22 degrees outside and it's actually quite hot inside too. There was a light coverage of foundation on my face, bronzer, a rosy highlighter, mascara and eyeliner. I was in the mood for makeup today and I sprayed myself with some vanilla perfume.

"EMMA!" and there's Dean's voice AGAIN.

"I AM COMING!" I scream back.

I pick up my phone from my desk along with the £50 note that was trapped underneath it and shove them both into the left pocket of my jeans.

"Let's go."

I see Dean roll his eyes. "Finally."

I acknowledge the fact that Dean too is stood in his light blue Man City top with James' surname and number on the back.

"No fair," Alex pouts. "I wanna match too! We have to get me a shirt asap."

I giggle. Alex has the old football shirts for both Dean and James but he wasn't here when we were getting our new ones for James.

"You did say yourself that you'd rather get it when you're here and able to watch the matches yourself," Dean says as we head to his car.

Before we know it, Alex is jogging ahead of us.

"I call shotgun!" he calls.

I roll my eyes and get in the back seat.

"No Carmela today?" he asks as we get in.

Dean shakes his head whilst I respond. "She woke up with a migraine and when Carmela wakes up with a migraine its best to leave her to herself for a few hours but she's bummed she can't make it today."

"Poor baby," he pouts and then taps Dean on his shoulder. "Are you missing your boo?"

"Yup," he says all miserable.

Alex gasps. "You love sick puppy!"

Dean glares at him. "I am allowed to miss my girlfriend!"

"Never did I think I would see the day that you got all caught up with a girl so seriously."

"Well, everything's different with her-"

Alex interrupts him. "Just don't fuck it up," he says in a sarcastic tone, facial features and everything included.

I can't help but choke on a chuckle as Dean just glares at him. Alex smirks proudly.

"Love ya bud," Alex says with a sickly sweet smile plastered on his face.

Dean mimics him.

I'm actually quite thirsty. I mentally slap myself for not bringing a drink with me, I don't even have change I mean a fifty pound note is too much for small corner shops to give change from. One of these two will have change on them.