Chapter thirty

My phone buzzed as I was in the middle of brushing through my hair.

'Paddy: I'm outside babe x'

Paddy has just finished training and wants to go out and eat, I told him I'd go with him seeing as I have nothing else to do. Dean and James are out whilst my parents are having the day off but they're having like a day with the other parents and Carmela.... well Carmela wants to sleep all day so I'm not going to argue with her. That girl can become quite aggressive when she hasn't slept.

I'm currently wearing black leggings, a plain white t-shirt which I think is Dean's and white trainers. After brushing through my hair, I tied it up into a high ponytail and picked up my phone before heading out of the house. I made sure to lock the front door on my way out as I was the last one in the house.

"Good morning beautiful," Paddy greets me with a smile as I enter the passenger side of his car.

I lean over to kiss him and then pull away with realisation, "Paddy, it's the afternoon," I smile.

"I know but I realised that I never said good morning to you," he smiles. "How are you?" he asks as he starts the car.

"I'm good thanks, still sort of sleepy," I laugh.

He chuckles, "I'm sorry for waking you, we can go back to bed if you-"

I had to interrupt him because I know he's feeling bad. "No, no, it's fine, we can go to bed later," I laugh again. "Where are we going to eat?"

"Have you had breakfast?" he asks.

"Nope."

"Neither have I, breakfast it is then," he says as he drives off.

This boy has me confused with my day. "Paddy.... it's two in the afternoon, they don't serve breakfast now," I laugh.

"Well we're going to a café to get some breakfast in you."

"Why haven't you had any breakfast? How have you survived through training with no breakfast?"

"Well I was running late but I had a banana and that kept me full," he shrugs.

"Right.." I chuckle.  "I'll eat whatever, it doesn't have to be a café Pad."

"Are you sure?" I nod. "Do you wanna go to creamz then?"

"Why not, could do with a waffle of theirs," I sigh dreamily, I can already taste the dessert in my mouth.

"Me too," he chuckles.

Creamz is a dessert place which does the yummiest waffles I have ever tasted. If you think it's weird of me to be having dessert for breakfast.... it's not. Dean and I do this all the time.

"How are you? and How was training?" I ask Paddy.

He turns to look at me briefly before focusing back on the road. "I'm good baby and training was good... just a killer," he sighs.

"Do you want a massage later?" I offer, knowing that his body is probably aching right now.

"Yes please," he says straight away with a pout.

"I'm glad your morning was productive."

"I'd much rather have been in bed with you," he sighs, "but I will be tonight," his eyes light up.

"Cuddles," I say rather excitedly and Paddy laughs.

"Definitely and then maybe both of us can get a good amount of sleep," he sighs.

Paddy hasn't been sleeping properly over the past few days because of everything with his brother but despite it all, he's still soldiered on throughout the days and continued to go to training with his lack of concentration.

I take his left hand in my hands and raise it to my lips so that I can place a kiss. "I'm so proud of you," I say.

"Why?" he asks rather surprised.

"Because despite everything that has been going on this week, you have still soldiered on through the day and not given up no matter how badly you've wanted to breakdown," I give him a soft smile.

He smiles softly but I can tell he was taken by surprise at my words. "Thank you."

"You know that you can breakdown to me whenever you want though right?" I ask.

"Of course, I couldn't think of a better person to be with at a time like that," he smiles and his left hand is now holding my right hand tightly. "You keep me whole," he adds with a smile.

I smile and squeeze his hand. "And you keep me sane."

"I'm glad."
"When do you go back to work?" he asks.

"Monday, I haven't been there in ageeeeees," I giggle.

"I know, thought you were slacking," he joked.

I fake gasp, "me? Never."

"yes you," he laughs. "by the way baby you look really hot today," he winks and I blush. "At least this shirt covers your ass," he says.

"Well I don't think it's my t-shirt," I laugh, "its huge."

"Who's t-shirt is it?" he says with a locked jaw trying not to show his jealousy.

"I think it's Dean's but I dunno how it ended up in my room," I laugh. "aww baby don't get jealous, I wouldn't wear anyone else's shirts besides yours," I tease but it's true.

"if it's Dean's I don't care but if it was anybody else's I would have lost the plot," he grits through his teeth but says it rather calmly.

I giggle and squeeze his hand. "don't worry baby this is all yours," I say and gesture towards my body. His eyes light up and after a few seconds, what I just said, hits me. "erh that was so cringe," and I burst out laughing.

"No it wasn't," he laughs, "it was true."

"I know but errrhhh," I continue laughing.

"What's so erh about it?" he questions seriously.

"I don't know," I giggle and shrug, "I've just never been confident with my body," I sigh.

"Why not? Emma you're body is amazing, you shouldn't be insecure," he encourages.

I sigh again. "I just can't help it.... I mean, would you love me and be with me if I wasn't this shape? If I was thicker would you still love me?" and here my insecurities come.

The car suddenly comes to a halt, that's when I've realised that we've reached the car park, and Paddy quickly removes the key and turns his body to me and takes my hands in his.

"Emma," he says seriously, "I didn't fall in love with your body. I fell in love with your personality, well no that's a lie..... When we first met, I fell in love with your eyes and I thought you were cute and adorable, then I got to know you and I fell in love with your personality straight away. You're looks are just a bonus to all of that. Of course I would love you if you were thicker, I would love you any shape or size because of your personality and I couldn't stop loving you because it would break my heart," he speaks.

"Paddy I can feel my heart melting," I whine as I blush at his words. His left palm touches my right cheek and I lean into his touch.

"I love you Emma," he leans in to kiss me.

"I love you too Paddy," I smile before our lips touch.