Chapter one

There was a buzzing noise coming from somewhere and it was getting really annoying. Who on earth is buzzing at 8am?!
Slowly opening my eyes to check the time, I realised it was my phone that was buzzing.... Why is my alarm going off so early? I whined to myself. I picked up my phone to turn the alarm off but something underneath the alarm caught my attention, there was a label underneath the alarm that said 'Work'. Groaning at myself, I threw my head back onto my pillow in frustration. I completely forgot that I had work today!

After staying in bed an extra ten minutes, I finally hauled myself up to get ready.
After fifteen minutes I was fully ready. My mouth was minty fresh from my toothpaste and I didn't want to eat anything because then it would go away. Sad I know but I love the minty fresh feeling in my mouth.
Seeing as it is sunny outside, I decided to dress in white three-quarter jeans and a grey vest with my white Air Force ones. I couldn't be bothered putting make up on, I just had no energy to sit there in front of the mirror and apply it all. My long dark brown hair was tied up into a ponytail.
The time was now 8:35am. Before leaving my bedroom, I grabbed my silver iPhone 5S and my cute grey purse.
As I waltzed into the kitchen, there was a note waiting for me on the refrigerator.

'Dad and I were called into work early ~ mum x'

My mother is a psychiatrist, she works at the mental health hospital with young adults (aka teenagers) and children. Whereas my father is a pharmacist.

"Do you want a lift to work?" My brother, Dean, called as he made his way downstairs.
"No thanks. Do you want breakfast?" I asked.
"I'll grab something on the way. See you later," he called as he headed out the door.

My brother Dean is older than me by two years. I'm 18 and he's 20. He's my best friend more than anything. Dean bagged himself a summer job at Old Trafford. He wants to up his bank balance a bit before university starts again. He'll be entering his second year at the university of Manchester to continue studying 'Sports Rehabilitation and Massage'.

The time was 8:42am as I left the house which was perfect because it takes me ten minutes to walk to work.
I plugged my ear phones in to 5sos 'she's kinda hot though' and checked my messages.

'Carmela💅🏼: I will meet you in the cafe and then we can go and visit your hunk of a brother at work'

I laughed at her text. Typical Carmela. Carmela is my best friend of fourteen years. We do everything together. She has a weird crush on my brother and has for a year now. It just developed.

'Me: Come in at half 11 xo and please stop! Eww'

Shoving my phone into my pocket, I enjoyed a peaceful walk to work.
I arrived there in less than ten minutes and was proud. I very rarely get to work in less than ten minutes.

I walked into 'La Bello' and was greeted by my boss, Antonio. "Good morning Emma," he smiled.
"Good morning Antonio," I smiled back as I pulled my earphones out and wrapped them around my phone.
"How are you?"
"I'm alright, still tired," I giggled. "How are you?"
He chuckled. "You forgot you had work today didn't you?" I nodded. "I'm good thank you."

Antonio is my boss, he's also Carmela's dad and like a second father to me. His wife, Lilliana, is like a second mother to me. They both always looked after Dean and I when our parents were in work and even now that we're grown up, they still do it. It's cute.

"Good morning honey," Lilliana greeted as she appeared from the kitchen.
"Morning Lilliana," I walked forward to hug her.
"Have you had breakfast?" I shook my head. "Did your parents have an early start?" I nodded.
Our parents were really close. Anyone would think we were family.
"What would you like to eat?"
"Oh no I'll make it myself in a bit."
"Emma, we've just opened up, go and have breakfast, I can cover the till," she ushered me into the kitchen where Antonio was now preparing the ingredients.
"What would you like for breakfast kiddo," Antonio asked as I looked around to see what I should make myself.
"I think I'll just have beans on toast," I said.
"Do you want me to make it?" He offered.
"No thank you, plus it looks like you have an order to make," I pointed to the piece of paper that Lilliana just stuck to the board.
"Better get to work then," he laughed as he walked in the direction of the order.

I put two pieces of bread into the toaster and poured a tin of beans into a plate and placed it into the microwave. Whilst I waited on them, I got myself a glass of water along with a knife and fork.
No longer than five minutes later and my breakfast was ready.

Once I was done, I noticed that the cafe was quite busy so I washed the plate and cutlery that I used for my breakfast and thought I'd help Antonio with the orders. I walked over to the order board and looked at the orders.

"I'll make the three omelettes and the beans on toast whilst you do the other five orders," I told Antonio.
"Emma you don't have too-"
"Please, it's getting busy and whilst Lilliana is covering the till for me, I can help you back here."
He agreed and I started with the two cheese omelettes and whilst they were on the pan, I prepared the omelettes which contained red onion, mushrooms and tomatoes.
The orders had soon died down and everything was washed and dried.

"Good job back here you two!" Lilliana praised us as she entered the kitchen.
"Thanks," I grinned, proud of how well I did back here. "Sorry for leaving you on the tills."
"It's not a problem," she smiled. "Can you collect the plates?" She asked.
"Sure," just as I was about to leave, 5sos 'she's kinda hot' came on the radio and I squealed. "This has made cleaning up more fun now!" Antonio and Lilliana just laughed.

I walked out into the cafe with my apron on and started humming to the song. I wasn't the only one who liked the song as a girl to my right, who looked about nine, sang along. I cleared the dishes from the trolley and walked back to see if there were anymore when my favourite part of the song came on.

'They say we're losers and we're alright with that!
We are the leaders of the not coming backs but we're alright though,
Yeah, we're alright though.
We are the kings and the queens of the new broken scene but we're alright though!' - I sang along as there were only four people in the cafe.

The little girl was singing along with me so I was walking backwards towards the till. It was all going smooth until I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologised before I was even fully turned around.
"It's alright," the voice chuckled.
I can't believe who is standing in front of my eyes! OMG! I think I stopped breathing.