Chapter forty-six

"We're home!" Dean calls as the four of us walk through the front door.

"In here!" Dad's voice calls from the kitchen.

We head into the kitchen to see mum, dad and Penny sat around the kitchen table.

"Hi guys," mum greets not having acknowledged Alex's presence. "ALEX!" she screams once she notices Alex standing behind me.

She quickly pulls him into her embrace and holds him for a good while. Dad then hugs him with the biggest smile on his face.

"I have missed you so much! What are you doing back?" Mum gushes.

He chuckles. "I've missed you so much too aunt Sandra! You too uncle Richard!" The smile on his face is the biggest. I can tell that he's missed living here. "I'm here because I've missed you all so much and also because Dean has filled me in on everything that has happened."

My dad nods in acknowledgement.

Mum speaks, "Well I'm so glad you're back honey! I can't wait to hear all about your adventures and L.A.!"

"Me too!" I add.

"Me three!" Carmela says.

"Me fourth," Dean decides to continue it.

"Me fifth!" Dad adds.

Penny's just sat there, she hasn't said a word since any of us walked in. If anything she looks really glum.

"I'm actually excited to tell you guys about my adventures too!" he grins.

Mum nods her head towards Penny almost telling Alex to go and greet her even though she knows that he doesn't want too.

"Hey Penny, how have you been?"

She looks as if though we've interrupted her thoughts but she doesn't snap at us she just stares at us blankly. "Hi Alex, good thanks. How's L.A. been?"

"Yeah it's been good thanks," he smiles.

"What's up her ass?" Carmela whispers to me.

I look at her and shrug. "It's probably something serious because she looks very lost," I whisper back.

"What's for dinner?" Dean asks.

"We're going out to TGI Fridays," dad announces.

Everyone cheers.

"I'm just going upstairs," I tell my mum.

"Okay dear, we're leaving for half seven," she informs me.

I check the time on my phone on my way up the stairs and it reads as 6:45pm. In all honesty, I don't want to go, I'm not hungry but there's no way my parents are going to leave me home alone. Seeing Paddy at the café and the way he barely spoke or looked at me really hurt me but I was even more hurt seeing his ex all over him. Are they like back together now or something?

I plug my earphones in and jump on my bed. I don't want to do anything. I am mentally and emotionally exhausted and I know that this isn't the end of me feeling like this.

*********************************************

"Emma," I hear a voice calling me quietly.

I stir in my sleep until I can see a figure standing over me which makes me open my eyes in panic.

"Sorry honey," my mum coos quickly.

I rub the sleep out of my eyes as my breathing falls back into place.

"Honey, we're going to TGI Fridays," she tells me.

I groan as I pick up my phone and check the time - 7:35pm.