Chapter 21

Mysterious POV

Monday

I walked to the office. I hope this was the right place. I pulled the door open and entered the building.

"Hello. How can I help you?" the lady at the counter asked.

"Hi. I'm a new student here. I just transferred," I said.

"Your name?"

"Theo Rivers."

"Got it. Thank you, Mr. Rivers. You can head straight down the hall to find your counselor, Mr. Railey."

"Thanks." I nodded and headed over. When I got to the room, there was a man in his mid-40's on the phone. He gave me a nod and told the person on the other line thank you. He hung up and walked up to me.

"Mr. Rivers, it's nice to meet you. I'm Mr. Railey. I'll be your counselor for the rest of the school year." He reached his hand out towards me. I shook it.

"Nice to meet you too," I stated.

"It's tough transferring so late in the year, but I promise you, you will love it here. Here is your class schedule along with your lunch period. I have also given a recommendation on someone who can help you adjust and help you keep up in your classes."

"Thank you." I grabbed the papers from him, then I heard a knock.

"Oh, here she is," he stated.

I turned around. There was a short girl standing in front of the door. She looked confused like she didn't know the reason she was here. She was cute. She stared up at me and gave a forced yet warm smile. I think I'm going to like this school, after all.

Lucille's POV

In the middle of first period, I got called up to the counselor's office. Ethan gave a confused face as I passed him. I was confused myself. What did the counselor need me for this time?

I saw a guy standing inside with him when I reached the counselor's door. He wore a blue v-neck, black jeans, a black jacket and had messy, black hair. I knocked on the wall. He turned around. I gave a small smile to be nice. He smirked. Um...okay?

"Ms. James, thank you for coming. Come in."

I nodded and stepped inside.

"Theo, this is Lucille. She will be your guide if you have any questions or need tutoring. She is the best resource. She will help you catch back up what you have missed."

I was? I was totally confused.

He moved to look at me.

"Lucille, this is Theo. He's a new student." So I've heard, I thought. "I want you to help him if he ever needs anything. He will need to catch up on a lot of lessons, but I, in no doubt, believe you will be able to help him. Let me know if you have any questions."

A lot actually. Like when did I sign up for this? How did I become everyone's tutor? Ethan was already enough. I couldn't tutor another person right now. I tried to let him know.

"I-"

Mr Railey, however, cut me off.

"You guys can go back to class now. Lucille, you can lead him, right?"

Did I ever have a choice? Of course, I couldn't say that. I just nodded with a fake smile. We left the room.

I walked with my head down when we got outside the counselor's building. I was concentrating on how this thing would work. I didn't have to help him out much, right? I mean, we're both seniors. He could probably find his way around this campus. I was bad at this whole conversation thing. I didn't know what to say so I kept my eyes glued to the ground.