Chapter 11: The call.

C H A P T E R 11: The call.

*A week later on Saturday*

I woke up. It's Saturday damn it. I checked my phone and saw I had the Good Morning text Ethan always sends me and I always reply. After that I made my way downstairs. Nothing has happened since the play. The week was normal. Same bullying, laughs, and calling me names. The guys are still my friends which surprises me they maybe weren't lying at all.

"Morning Alex." my dad said taking a sip of coffee.

"Good Morning Dad" I said before starting eating the bowl of fruit my mum gave me. My dads phone started ringing so he answered.

"What?!" He yelled. Whatever they told him it's not good. That made me stop eating and my mum stop cooking.

"No I'm going now!" He said and stood up.

"What happens Nathan?" My mum asked worried.

"Mum is in the hospital" my dad said his voice cracked. This cannot be good.

I forgot about my fruit and we all ran to the car. My dad drove as fast as he could to the hospital. Grandma has some type of cancer in the lungs if you were wondering but it surprises me a lot that she's in the hospital when only a week ago she was happy in her house watching tv.

We got there and ran to my grandmas room. All the family was there. ALL. From Uncles to Aunts to Cousins. Everyone. This is not good. The machine that showed her heart beat was so slow. Grandma started saying Someone's name and whoever name she said had to go next to her and she would say something. And as always I was the last name she said.

"Alexa" she said out of breath. I tried my best to not cry. I can't lose her I can't. I made my way next to her and sat next to her.

"Honey thank you for being an amazing grandchild. I still remember when you were born, you would be a smiley baby. I have never see you cry and I'm so proud of that. Continue like that love you'll get far. I remember when I used to tell you the love stories." She said and started tearing up, I did as well.

"Grandma please don't talk if you can't.." I said grabbing her hand while she grabbed mine very tight.

"Come closer Alex I have to tell you a secret" she said out of breath. My grandma and I have always had a good relationship. I leaned closer.

"The, the couple of your f favorite story are your parents." She whispered.

"I love you Alexa. I'll watch on you from heaven" she whispered and smiled. The thing of the heart beat went off and the tight grip suddenly went away. Her eyes closed. And the worst thing happened. The thing that kills my heart and makes me feel numb.

My grandma died.

"No no no! Grandma! No! Come back! No! I don't want to lose you! Come back please! I need you here with me! Grandma please don't go." I yelled crying. I need her I so do need her. She can't just can't. Why does this has to happen with me?! What did I made wrong! The cries of the family were to be heard except for the man. They kinda stayed strong but you could see some tears. The doctors, nurses and that people came in the room and told us to get out. We were waiting in the hall.

"Come here Darling" my mum said and gave me a hug. She was crying, I was crying everyone else was.

I guess happiness doesn't last forever, does it?