Chapter 6 - The Kiss

Fabian: Yesterday I… I did some research after you left…

Rosie: So that’s why you’re waking up at 1 pm, huh?

Fabian: Yeah, I slept probably at 6 or 7… Anyway, I found out some very interesting things that were very surprising for me.

Rosie: So, go on?

Emily suddenly stood up from the table, and went outside. Fabian and Rosie were surprised.

Rosie: Don’t go Fabian, it’s me the one that needs to talk to her. You mind waiting some minutes?

Fabian: Yeah sure, don’t worry. Hope she’s alright.

Rosie: That’s what I’m about to discover.

Rosie went with her outside. Emily was sitting on the stair. Rosie sat beside her. Fabian, curious enough, was listening through the window that was on the kitchen.

Rosie: So, now what’s the problem?

Emily: I read already what Fabian researched.

Rosie: So that’s why you went outside? What did he found out?

Emily: The girl from his dreams, the same one he has been protecting on them, was his girlfriend.

Rosie: And what’s the problem?

Emily: I know she’s still out there, looking for him. I don’t want to lose him.

Rosie: How can you lose something that never belonged to you? Emily, he has been here for a year and he’s like family to us. I told you you’d end hurt if you continued loving him.

Fabian gasped. He never thought that Emily actually was in love with him. He saw her as a sister, but nothing more.

Emily: It’s just too hard. And now that I’m going soon, it’s going to be harder.

Rosie: You’ll see it’d get easier. You’ll see.

Fabian: Going? Where she’s going?

Rosie and Emily hugged and went inside, while Fabian quickly sat down in the table again pretending to read his book.

Rosie: Now, what you were going to say?

Fabian: Me? Oh, yes… Sure. Well, I found out that I’ve got the power of Ignus, that may be why I have all this visions on the day and night. And with this I also mean that I’ve got a special power to protect the world from the darkness, but not sure how.

Rosie: Hold your horses, I need to assimilate all of this. You’re telling us you have… powers? That type of powers?

Fabian: I’m The Beloved. That’s what I read. The Beloved is the one that has the Chosen One’s heart, which is the girl I was protecting on my dream. We were… one.

Rosie understood what Emily meant about his girlfriend and that she’d still be there looking for him.

Fabian: Once the heart is given, it’s hard and almost impossible to take it back.

Emily: So… what are you going to do?

Fabian: Keep researching until I’ve enough information to look for her.

Emily: I’ve got something to tell you actually.

Fabian’s heart was beating so fast, he felt all the blood coming into his head.

Emily: Mom, can I talk to him alone?

Rosie: Yes, yes of course lovely. I’ll go… sort some things out, yeah.