Chapter 26 - Broken

Nina: You know everything we do, but how?

Eddie: He was always the smart one from the group, Nina. I’m not surprised he founded all of that on his own.

Fabian: Plus, my visions and memories helped a lot on there.

Nina: I still don’t understand the last thing you told us… about the supposed ‘Maddy’ in the woods.

Fabian: I think I didn’t make myself clear… it’s more frightening than you could think of.

Nina and Eddie sat down beside Fabian, looking at him. He understood and nodded.

Fabian: For some reason, I had a meltdown. I was frustrated about not being able to connect with my past. I ran through the woods, but at that time, I didn’t really know them and it was getting dark. I found myself lost in the middle of them, without knowing where I was or how to go back. I think Emily was looking for me, I’d hear soft yells at the distance, but it was all so confusing. Then she, Maddy,  was there, some meters away from me. From the moment I saw her, I turned pale. I was scared, for some reason. Her presence made you feel that way. Then her eyes, those red eyes. I had never seen anything like that before. I started feeling dizzy, and that’s when I started crying. Emily found me some minutes after, and when I turned over, the girl wasn’t there anymore. Nor the cabin I saw her coming out from.

Nina: It’s a lot to assimilate and try to connect.

Eddie: So, you’re saying, that probably the cabin… moves places or something?

Fabian: I don’t even know what I saw, to be honest. Maybe I was very confused for the whole running or I was just imagining it. Either way, I was terrified.

Nina: What if it wasn’t there, but you didn’t imagine it either?

Fabian and Eddie exchanged confused faces.

Nina: I mean, what if you had a real life vision about it?

Eddie: What exactly do you mean?

Nina: Hold in here.

Nina ran upstairs looking for a particular book. She took 10 minutes until she founded it.

Nina: I saw this book before, when we were researching about the whole Senkhara thing. I read about real life visions, but never thought they were actually true until now.

Fabian: What exactly are they?

Nina: They’re strong visions that make you feel as if you were living them, as if it was reality instead of just a vision. It is said, that they only happen to warn you about something coming.

They all sighed. They knew what the vision tried to warn Fabian about, although it seemed too late.  Fabian was mad, though. He’d have prevented everything that was happening if Emily hadn’t lied to him. He felt betrayed, broken, disappointed. Now, the thing was, what could they do about it? Nina and Fabian were confused, and couldn’t think clearly. Fabian thinking about Emily in one side, Nina thinking about everyone that had disappeared until then. Eddie, in the other hand, knew what it meant. He looked at them with a serious face.

Eddie: I’m sure of one thing.

Nina and Fabian looked at him.

Eddie: We’ve to destroy Maddy, before she destroys us.

--------------------------------------------------

Willow: So, how do we actually save Alfie?

Amber: I told you, I don’t know yet. Nina, Fabian and Eddie are going through it and when we’re ready we’d save them all.