Chapter 15 - Guest

Nina, Eddie, Patricia and Amber headed over to the hospital again to see Joy. When getting into the taxi cab, Alfie went out of the house and called Amber. He needed to talk to her.

Nina: You need to talk.

Amber sighed, not really sure if she wanted that. She went out of the cab anyway, and headed home again. She told them she’d meet the at the hospital in some time.

Alfie took Amber into a bench near where Joy and Jerome shared a picnic before. They sat down and started talking.

Alfie: Look… I don’t know how to say this.

Amber: Then you shouldn’t have interrupted my meeting with the guys.

Alfie: I’m also part of it, you know.

Amber: Not since you’re always with Willow.

Alfie now knew what he had to tell.

Alfie: Look, about the kiss…

Amber: I don’t know what you’re talking about.

Alfie: Yes, yes you do Amber. You’ve avoided me since then, every single time. You didn’t even let me talk to you last night.

Amber: Why would I?

Alfie: I wanted to tell you what I talked with Willow about us.

Amber: Willow and you?

Alfie: You and me.

Amber’s eyes were very open now.

Amber: What do you mean?

Alfie: I’ve to tell you that… I still love you…

Amber couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

Alfie:… But… I love Willow as well.

And just by some words, Amber’s heart was broken once again. Tears rolled down her cheeks, but she cleaned them and tried to apparent it wasn’t hurting her.

Alfie: But my love for you… is bigger.

Amber: You sure?

Alfie: I always loved you Amber, you had been my crush for the past 3 years. You owned my heart. I tried to move on, but you stayed with half of my heart. I’m just asking you how you feel about-

Amber took Alfie’s head with her hands and kissed him. Willow was watching all the scene from the window of her room. Tears rolled by her cheeks.

----------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rang, and before Trudy could come to see who it was, Emily ran as fast as she could downstairs. Trudy told her she needed to buy some things at the supermarket, and that she’d be back in some hours. Emily hugged her, and opened the door. Trudy went out by the laundry one. And there he was. Emily hugged him as much as she could, leaving him without breathe.

Fabian: Did you miss me that much?

Emily: You can now see it.

Fabian: So, this is the house?

Fabian walked slowly into the hallway, and looked everywhere. It was so old, and full of stories, he felt almost home.

Emily: I told you you’d love this.

Fabian kept walking into the living room, then dining room, kitchen, and mostly all the first floor. He then, went inside Eddie’s room by mistake, thinking it was the bathroom. When going in, he felt strange, as if he knew the place already. He saw there were 2 beds.