Chapter 12 - Silenced

Jerome ran to Joy, who was still lying in the woods.

Jerome: Joy, are you alright? How long have you been here?

Joy had a big concussion, and couldn’t remember what happened. They were in the middle of the woods, it was almost night.

Jerome: Don’t worry, I’d take you home and you’d be fine. Yeah?

Joy nodded slowly without fully understanding what Jerome was saying. Jerome helped Joy to get up and both went walking to the house. Maddy showed up from behind some trees, but Jerome and Joy were gone already.

Maddy: Should I even worry about her saying something? I really don’t think so. That spell should be powerful enough.

Maddy’s eyes were glowing red. She walked back to the house, and got in by the laundry door. Jerome laid Joy gently in the couch, and brought her some water.

Jerome: Are you feeling better?

Joy: … Better.

Joy could barely talk, and she was really weak. Jerome settled Joy completely in the couch, when Joy moaned.

Jerome: Something wrong?

Joy: My arm hurts.

Jerome raised up Joy’s sleeve to find a wound in her arm. It wasn’t a normal injury, it had a big scar from which blood kept coming out slowly. Jerome freaked out for a moment.

Joy: Everything okay?

Jerome: … I don’t think so Joy.

Jerome started yelling for Trudy to come, but apparently she wasn’t home. Patricia and Alfie heard the screamings and went to see what had happened. Willow arrived some moments after.

Patricia: Jerome, why are you yelling that way?

Alfie: That was freaking man.

Jerome: Please, call a doctor immediately, Joy was hurt.

Patricia: What do you mean hurt?

Jerome raised up Joy’s sleeve once more, showing the wound that was still bleeding from her arm.

Patricia and Alfie, both opened their mouths in shock. Eddie and Nina described Fabian’s injuries the same way Joy’s one looked like. Patricia tried to stay calm, but was in panic inside. Willow ran to the hallway to call the ambulance, while Alfie went for Victor. Jerome and Patricia were both crying over Joy. Patricia knew they’d have to talk to Jerome about this after Joy was safely in the hospital, and Eddie, Nina and Amber were back from the library.

Willow: The ambulance is coming in some minutes, don’t alarm!

Jerome knew he had to stay calm so Joy would stay calm. Joy seemed really weak, and as if she hadn’t realize until now that her arm was still bleeding. From a moment to another, she fainted in Jerome’s arms.

Jerome: CAN THE AMBULANCE HURRY? SHE’S LOSING TOO MUCH BLOOD. Joy, please, Joy! Wake up!

Patricia couldn’t stop crying seeing that scene. Victor arrived with Alfie. The ambulance arrived some minutes after, taking Joy in it heading to the hospital.

Maddy, who went upstairs before everything happened, went downstairs again to watch the scene.

Maddy: Oh goodness, what happened to her?

Alfie: No time for explanations, we need to go to the hospital.

Victor: Calm down everyone. You can’t all go to the hospital. Since Trudy isn’t here, I’d go. Just one can go with me.