Chapter 32 - The Final Battle Part 1: Fearless

Fabian ran as fast as he could to Anubis house. On the way, he couldn’t stop thinking about Nina. He was furious just thinking Senkhara could have done something to her while he talked to Maddy, but what she told him was everything he needed to know. Maddy cleared up every single one of his doubts. He was nervous, not knowing what to do. He tried thinking of something, but Nina always came across his mind. He hoped, truly hoped, Eddie had a plan.

Fabian: Darkness.

He reached the house, admiring it at the distance. The sky was as furious as him. The house was submerged in the darkness he ran away from before. He never thought he would have to go through it instead of going away from it. He was breathing heavily.

Fabian: For all of you.

He remembered everything Nina told him about his life. The gang, the mysteries they went through, the villains, even the school play and their first prom together. Their first kiss. He covered his eye with his right hand.

Fabian: Sibuna.

He ran to the closest window and looked through. It was completely dark. He swallowed.

Fabian: She must be waiting.

He entered the house. He walked slowly through the hallway. He couldn’t stop himself from going into the living room and the kitchen. Everything was covered with the dark mist he was so afraid of. The cellar door was open. He sighed.

Fabian: The tunnels.

Nina had told him every single detail about the tunnels, including what he had seen in his dreams. The number he needed to get through, the amulets, and the passage behind the bookshelf. He did everything the way Nina told him to, and easily went through. As he walked, his heart started pounding even more. Everything was covered with dark mist. He reached dead end.

Fabian: Where are they?

The mask was still in its place, in the chamber. There was no one there beside him, at least he thought that.

Fabian: I’m here.

He yelled waiting for a reply.

Fabian: Maybe I got it wrong.

He turned over, prepared to leave. He didn’t give more than 4 steps when Senkhara appeared behind him. She was in Mara’s body.

Senkhara: Not wrong at all, boy.

Fabian couldn’t feel afraid of her, otherwise there was a good chance he lost Nina and Eddie forever and he wouldn’t accept that.

Fabian: Where’s Nina and Eddie?

Fabian wasn’t the boy he used to be. Even Senkhara, fearless, noticed it when he yelled at her.

Senkhara: I can choose not to tell you, stupid boy. Show some respect.

She threw a lightning bolt at him, but he avoided it.

Fabian: The thing is, I wasn’t asking you.

Fabian was furious, and as he yelled at Senkhara, his hands started shaking. A bright light he couldn’t control broke out of his hands, hitting her. “Because she’s in Mara’s body, she becomes human. She can be destroyed”, Fabian thought.

Senkhara: You will pay for this.

Fabian didn’t know he had that power. He was shaking. He felt furious for what Senkhara had done all along to Nina, and to him; that must have been the reason he reacted that way. The Beloved must have that power when it comes to the Chosen One.

Fabian: I’m not asking again, where is Nina and Eddie?

Senkhara: You can join them.

----------------------------------------------------