Chapter 9 - Nearby

Fabian entered the library with excitement. It seemed like an old library, full of stories to tell. In the door, there was a shield about Robert Frobisher-Smythe and its history. Fabian looked at it carefully, he didn’t want to miss anything,  and then got in. Fabian smiled.

Fabian: Wow, everything seems old and mysterious… I love it.

Rosie: It should be a bit scary at night, right? Well Fabian, I have to buy some things,  I’ll pick you up when I’m finished.

Fabian: Thank you, Rosie. I’d be okay on my own.

Rosie: I know that already.

Rosie kissed Fabian’s forehead, and went to the grocery store that was some streets away from the library.

Fabian: Now… where should I start?

Fabian quickly looked up for what he needed. He went directly into the second floor, which had only books that talked about Egypt. He was looking for a book about the Gods when he had a vision. It was a boy, a blonde boy, taking that book and reading it to a group of people. He suddenly saw someone familiar on it. It was her, it was Nina. He woke up from it and took the book quickly. It said what Eddie told the Sibuna gang at last yesterday. His heart was beating fast, and you could hear him breathing  fast as well.

Fabian: Who were those people?  Apart from Nina, who?

He made an effort to remember, but he couldn’t. He knew they were important, but couldn’t remember. He sat down in the floor and started reading  the same thing Eddie read.

Fabian: Interesting… Now I get why the ghost was chasing me and Nin-

Suddenly, a boy and a girl in uniform arrived to the library. It was Patricia and Eddie.

Patricia: I know I left my book here, but where?

Eddie: Maybe try looking upstairs?

Fabian looked at him. He knew it was the blonde guy from his vision. His heart was beating fast again.

Eddie: Oh no, wait Yacker, here it is.

Patricia walked to Eddie and grabbed the book. Some seconds after, they went outside of the library. Fabian looked at the girl too. She was also in his vision, he remembered seeing her. He asked the person in charge if he could take with him some books. He took out his notebook and wrote what he found. Some minutes later, he went after the boy and the girl.

Eddie and Patricia headed to the boarding school. Fabian hid behind some bushes, and looked at it as well. He remembered that school, he felt like he knew it as well as Emily knew the woods. They were many people outside, so he waited until everyone got inside when the bell rang. He then, went inside and walked through some hallways. He heard some steps behind him and turned around. It was Emily.

Emily: Fabian? How you got here?

Fabian was speechless.

Emily: Are you lost or something? Or did you just missed me already?

They hugged.

Fabian: I went into the library of this school, and I had a vision with a blonde boy and some other people. Seconds after, that same boy came into it, so I followed him and now I am here.

Emily: I’m about to go to my first class, I don’t know anyone yet. So, if I see anything, I’ll tell you about it.

Fabian: Yeah… Thank you… I’ll go back now, your mother must be looking for me. She told me she’d pick me up there.

Emily: I’ll see you later, come visit me any other time.

They hugged again, as Emily walked through the hallway. He went back to the principal door.