Chapter 4 - Meltdown

Everyone was decorating the room, bringing the food, waiting for Mara to arrive. Only an hour passed by, and they only had one hour left to say goodbye.

Amber: Okay, everything seems fine. Alfie! Don’t eat the food yet!

Alfie: Sorry Ambs, I’m really hungry.

Willow: That’s why I made you this.

Willow went from the kitchen with a little cake in her hands.

Willow: Chocolate, your favorite.

Amber: *Imitating in low voice* Chocolate, your favorite.

Patricia: She’s coming! Everyone hide.

They all hide as fast as they could, when a person came into the living room. It was Joy.

Everyone: Surprise!

And indeed, it was a surprise that Joy was the one standing there, speechless, and not Mara.

Eddie: So where’s Mara?

Joy: She already left. We both were wondering where you all where.

Jerome: She-she already… left?

Jerome went outside running as fast as he could, trying to reach the taxi cab in where his love was.

They all went outside after him, to find Jerome on his knees on the grass sobbing.

Amber: But I can’t understand, why she said nothing if she saw we were doing a party?

Joy: She didn’t want to say goodbye, she was too hurt.

Patricia: At least she could’ve said something to Jerome, so he wouldn’t be sobbing over there.

Alfie and Eddie took Jerome and lift him up, then headed to the house. It was his love of life, and maybe, he wouldn’t see her ever again. If her parents did died, she’d live with her aunt, and Anubis would be just her past.

Alfie: Dude, everything would be alright. She’ll be back very soon, you’ll see.

Jerome: *Still sobbing* You promise it?

Alfie didn’t know what to say, he knew the car accident Mara’s parents had was horrible.

Alfie: I-I do…

Jerome laid down on his bed, and stayed like that for the rest of the evening until dinner time arrived. Everyone was picking the party stuff up, and Alfie was eating the food they prepared.

Willow: It’s better that we didn’t say goodbye to Mara, she needs good vibes right now.

Amber: What are you saying? We would probably never see her again and you say it was better to not say goodbye?

Willow: Like I said, she needs good vibes not bad ones.

Amber: How is love a bad vibe? Then why you’re with Alfie?

The girls starting fighting against each other. Amber went over Willow, when Alfie arrived.

Alfie: Hey hey girls, calm down. Everyone now calm down. What happened in here?

Willow: We were arguing but she went over me.

Amber: You little liar!

Willow started crying, while Alfie hugged her. Amber was red of furious, and started crying as well. She went to her room, where Nina was writing in her diary. She sat down in her bed and continued crying. Nina quickly went to her, and hugged her.

Nina: What happened Amber? Why are you crying like this?

Amber: I can’t deal with Alfie being with Willow anymore. Alfie taking care of her, Alfie having cute picnicks with her, Alfie being an amazing boyfriend with her; when he should be with me, NOT WITH HER.