Chapter 16 - Confidence

Alfie: What does that meant?

Amber: I love you too, but I don’t know what to do.

Amber and Alfie were sitting still on the bench, talking. Amber turned over and saw Emily with some friend, relatively close to the house. She was saying goodbye, and before she’d even tell who it was, he got into the taxi cab and waved at her again. Amber saw his hair and back. For her it was enough to know it was Fabian.

Amber ran as fast as she could after the taxi cab, but with the heels, it was impossible. Alfie ran after her, and catching their breathe, they talked.

Alfie: What was that?

Amber: It was him Alfie, IT WAS HIM! I know it was. I can’t be wrong.

Alfie: Calm down Amber, who was it?

Amber: Fabian, Alfie. It was Fabian.

They were both still gasping. Alfie couldn’t believe what she was saying.

Alfie: I think you’re having visions or something, because if it was him, he wouldn’t have left.

Amber: Don’t you remember? He must have forgot everything, after what Eddie told us that happened to him.

Emily ran to them after seeing the scene.

Emily: But what was that about?

Amber: Emily, who was in the cab?

Emily: My boyfriend, Lewis. Why?

Alfie looked at Amber when hearing the name. He shared a ‘I told you so’ face with her.

Amber: But, doesn’t he have a second name? Something?

Emily: No, not really. Not that I know about.

Amber felt hopeless once again. She walked back to the house, with Alfie and Emily after her. She knew it was Fabian, but she wouldn’t know, not until she saw his face at last.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nina: I think we know what happened now.

Eddie: We sure do, Senkhara is back.

Patricia: But why would she hurt Joy?

Nina: She probably saw her, and was going to tell us about it…

Eddie: … so, she needed to silence her.

Patricia: We need to ask her another time, she needs to rest.

Nina: Let’s go back, and focus on what we have about Fabian so far.

They headed back to the house, were Emily, Amber, Alfie and Willow were all together in the living room. Jerome ate already, and without taking any more minute, went back to the hospital. They all gathered around the dining room, anxious for dinner.

Nina: Emily, so is your friend gone already?

Emily: It is, but maybe next time you can meet him.

Amber looked at Nina, and pointed Eddie’s room with her head. Trudy was setting down the table, along with Willow, so they thought it’d be better to stay and listen to Amber afterwards.

Willow: I hope Lewis comes back, seems like a really nice guy.

Nina: Lewis?

Emily: My boyfriend’s name.

Amber felt like about to explode, but knew she couldn’t say anything there. She didn’t know at all. After being merged in her thoughts, she looked at Willow.