Epilogue

-

July 23, 2089. The day my true love died in my arms.

He was still beautiful, he still had his gorgeous fair skin, that felt soft on my fingertips. I ran my fingers through his hair, the now thin curls twisting around my knuckles.

We both knew that this day would come, the day I sat at the edge of his hospital bed, still 18. He had grown old and lost his power, was drained of magic; though his passion was never lost.

A single tear streamed down my cheek and landed on his chest, I held his hands in mine. I kept them warm. I wish I could heal him like he always did me.

His pink lips, now faded to gray and wrinkled, were still the ones I fell in love with. The same lips I kissed to stop his ranting and frustration and the same lips I longed for to this day.

I tucked my head down, hiding my tears and dying red eyes, bleeding with sadness and uncontrollable emotions. I whimpered to myself, trying to convince myself that this was okay, that I was okay.

I knew I was okay because he loved me, and I loved him. And he won't be here to hold my hand ever again, I could never hear the sound of his sweet voice sing the same songs we wrote in the shower, or the voice that would scream that it loved me.

But he was here, he would never leave me. I was immortal, and even though he never got me, I would always have him.

He will be always immortally mine.

-