Chapter 28

WARNING//
SMUT
UNDERAGE DRINKING
DRUG MENTION
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED :)

"Kat the dance is tonight what are you going to wear lady?" Max sighed frustrated as her best friend sat on her couch, eating her chips and drinking her soda. "What's the point," Kat mumbled. "He hasn't called me back in 3 days and literally ignores me in the hallway, it's obvious he doesn't even want to go with me," Kat stayed planted on the couch as she flipped through the tv channels. "He probably just asked because you told him to."

"I didn't tell him to do anything."
"No need to lie, he already told me that you told him to ask me." Max rolled her eyes and ran her fingers through her hair. "Okay, fine, I did but we all know he wouldn't have asked if he didn't want to."
Kat stayed silent as she flipped through the channels. "Okay you know what," Max said picking up her phone, Kat could her the beeps from the number pad as she dialed a number but she payed no attention. "Calum, question, where is Luke and why has he been avoiding Kat for the past three days."

"Did you seriously call Calum? Way to go damsel in distress." Kat said laughing. "Shut up Katrina," Max shot Kat a glare. "Hello? Earth to Calum."
"Well considering that I was about to call you and ask where Luke was we're just both out of luck aren't we." Calum sighed loudly, "The last time we spoke to him he was pissed off because the only gig we could get was at the school dance but then again anything is better than nothing considering all the bad publicity since the fight."
"Especially when you're first starting out." Max said worried. "Okay, thanks anyway bye." She said hanging up the phone. "Okay change of plans you fly solo to the dance until we find Luke."
"Ugh, fine but only because I have nothing else to do tonight anyways."
"Good, well come along, let's pick you out a dress from Boutique Le Max."
"Dress? It's a dance not prom. Kat rolled her eyes as she followed max to her room. "Dress to impress or don't show up, that's my motto." Max pulled out dresses. With ever dress Kat cringed a little more than the last. They were all too bright, too flashy. Kat saw the Led light flag on her phone, indicating that she had a message. "Why can't your motto be something simple like YOLO." Kat said as she unlocked her phone.

Sms from: Ashton
You haven't by any chance spoken to Luke today?

Kat rolled her eyes as she replied.

Sms to: Ashton
Nope sorry

She threw the phone on the bed as she tried on the dress Max so desperately wanted her to wear. "It's not even black." She said through the bathroom door.
"That's the only color you wear you need a change." Max said beginning to curl her hair. "And just a friendly reminder, since you wasted all your time eating my chips on the couch the dance starts at 6 and it's currently 4:56 good luck finding time to do your hair and make up."

"Shut up before I don't go at all," Kat said walking out the bathroom in the tight red dress. "I look like a stripper."
"The dress goes right above your knee it's not even that short, it looks nice."
Kat rolled her eyes as she tugged on the dress. "I guess it's better than nothing." She mumbled as she tried to do her eyeliner. "Calum said he'll pick us up at 5:30, he has last minute sound things to do for the little performance thing at the dance."

"Okay," Kat said trying to focus on her eyeliner. "So any words from Luke?" She asked, not sure if her nervous tone was obvious or not. "Unfortunately, no but I'm sure he'll show up." Max said obviously lying that she was sure.

As time passed Kat sat on Max's bed, being constantly reminded not to smudge her make up or not to mess up her dress. "Kat Calum's outside." Max said reading a text.