Chapter 1 - White

Monday

Monday

I play with the leftover soggy fruit loops in the lake of milk, swirling them around with my spoon. My phone vibrates next to me, taking me out of my trance. Flipping it over I see a message from Maggie. My eyes skim over the large text that includes so many emojis and exaggerating words. All of the grammar mistakes makes me internally cringe, but nonetheless, I proceed to read it.

Janice got a new boyfriend as of recently after she found out that her last one cheated on her during winter break. 

Rebecca received another scholarship, and her face was plastered all over the school's newspaper like we didn't know already that we saw this coming. 

Dylan was rushed to the hospital and admitted into psychiatric care after his third suicide attempt. 

Lastly, Eric got into a fight with Miguel after he found out that Miguel kissed his girlfriend at some party. I guess enemies should be kept closer. It's already a new year and it's off to a bang.

Sighing, I drop my phone and take my bowl to the sink. It was already getting late and I still have to walk to school. I could've been like a normal seventeen-year-old girl who had a car and a driver's license, but I guess it just wasn't my time. It wasn't exactly my fault that I always get instructors who have no ounce of patience. Anxiety sneaks up on me whenever I don't expect it, and in the worse times too.

Grabbing my backpack and slipping my earbuds into my ears, I start to play 505 by the Arctic Monkeys to make the walk to school less boring. Noticing the dark grey skies I keep in mind that if I didn't power through the walk I will be drench with rain in minutes. The pavement was already damp from the early morning drizzle and I avoid the large puddles like it's lava. That is until a red car came racing down the street disturbing the whole neighborhood. The driver didn't even seem to acknowledge that I was walking on the sidewalk and zooms over the large puddle near me, making my left side become drench with the dirty rainwater in seconds. I gasp once the cold water hits my side and I curse at the driver as they race into the school's parking lot.

"Well fuck," I mutter as I feel my left shoe fill up with water. "Just great," I sigh. I start to move forward again in an uncomfortable way and hear my shoe start to make a squishing sound. I stop and groan in annoyance. 

By the time I get to the school parking lot, everyone was already outside chatting away with their friends and talking about their winter break. I was able to spot the red car that happened to splash the water on me. The driver's door opens and out comes Landon Hills. His black disheveled hair makes him look like he just got out of bed and the clothes he's wearing looks like he wants to state his rebellious status. Accompanied by his staple black leather jacket, underneath hides a million stitches of ink that only a few know the meaning behind them. Or so they say that he is covered in them.

The rest of the car doors open and his friends come out alongside him. Landon ignores the stares from students, as most of them come from girls. He along with his crew walk straight into the school. The crowd doesn't stop there, in fact, the majority of the girls from the parking lot follow Landon and his friends like they're some sort of celebrity. But others know not to stay too close based on all of the rumors that went around school. Landon was only treated like a celebrity based on his reputation with the girls here and that was coming from those that were brave enough to approach him.