7. Another bruise

Stephanie's P.O.V

Before coming back home, Steph went to her father. He was drunk as always, but she tried not to pay attention to that. She just wanted to make him dinner and left. But he became agressive, and then he hit her. She run out of there with tears falling down her cheeks.

She tried to open the door as quiet as it possible, but when she finally did it, Jorel was waiting for her. And his face expression does not bode well. Stephanie had no intention to comment another bruise on her body. Overprotective J-Dog began getting on her nerves.

- You were with your father again? - He asked angrily.

- It's non of ur business - she snapped, traversing the room briskly.

She went into the kitchen, took a bowl of chips, a bottle of beer and on the way up the stairs she garnering bag and books.

- Hey - Jorel grabbed her arm. Steph escaped.

- I'm not a little girl, Jorel - the girl said. - I am not fifteen or a cut eyebrow or lip anymore. You don't have to treat me with kid gloves. Before I met you I have experienced life enough so that nothing can surprise me now. So please, stop telling sermons or outbursts with anger. It's my life. And you're in it only an episode.

The words came out of her mouth like a rifle. Before they resound, she greatly regretted them. Decker's expression spoke for itself. Stephanie bit her lip, she turned and went to her own. She closed the door, leaned against it and began to cry.

Jorel's P.O.V

Stephanie's words hurt him. He didn't even know what to say. He didn't have to think about it, because Steph disappeared into her room. The boy run his fingers through his hair, wanting them to do something. He was confused. He sensed that something had happened, but he doubted  that Steph wanted to talk about it now. So many emotions had whirl inside of him at once, it seemed to him that at any moment he will explode like a bomb. He have never experienced such feelings.

He went to the kitchen and took from the fridge a bottle of whiskey. He unscrewed it, looking for a clean glass. As for anger in the sink was a pile of dirty glasses. He cursed Matt, who had to wash today, and took a swig. In this way he finished the half bottle. Alcohol burn him mercilessly, but Jorel continued. He was convinced that if he did not get drunk, he'll go crazy.

His phone started ringing. It show the name Ragan. Jorel ignored the phone, then turned it off. He took the bottle and moved to the couch in front of the TV. He turned on HBO, there was a romantic comedy. The boy thought it would be nice to start to feel sorry of himself in Jack's good company and film with Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams.

He was awakened by a powerful hangover. It was six in the morning, and he was lying on the couch with an empty bottle in his hand. He threw it in disgust, he massaged a bit sore neck and dragged himself to the kitchen. He grabbed the orange juice and greedily emptied the whole box. He groaned, leaning against the worktop. He hadn't noticed that a pan was standing on it. He knocked it with his hip, which resulted in loud bang when the collision with the floor.

- Fuck - swore Jorel, and with great effort bent down and picked up the pan. When he turned, he saw Stephanie in pajamas. Her hair was disheveled, sleepy eyes were swollen from crying. The boy opened his mouth to say something. At the same time the girl threw herself on his neck, sobbing pitifully.

- I'm sorry, that's not true, forgive me, please - she sobbed directly into his ear.

The intensity of the sound directly sweept him off his feet. His head was throbbing in pain. He pulled Stephanie away, looking at her.

- All right, just a little quieter, because the World Trade Center collapses over my head - he said, then sat at a table and rested his head on his hands.

At that time, Stephanie dried her eyes, she looked at him, trying to understand what is going on. When she succeeded, she opened the refrigerator and silently got down to preparing breakfast. It consisted of scrambled eggs with bacon and sausages. The girl read somewhere that greasy food is the best way for a hangover. It was ready in fifteen minutes. She set plate with steaming food in front of Jorel.

- You're an angel - he said, and began to eat.

Steph cooked chicken soup for later and she get ready for a class.

- I'm going to university, when I get back maybe we will do something together, 'kay? - She said, kissing his unshaven cheek.

- Sure. Willingly - Jorel said, smiling. After breakfast, he felt much better. However, he was not going to leave the broth for later. He drank it immediately, wanting to get back into form before the next session with guys.