Chapter 39: The Riddles Begin

~Sparta's POV~
So I am now marked, only marked, by Deimos and Demos. And lemme tell ya right nah, it was painful as fuck. Trust me. I looked at my cell phone. 3:23 am. I must've fell asleep watching listening to Black Veil Brides. But the house isn't normally silent. Guards would normally be whispering. Talking or joking with each other. Maybe they aren't feeling well or something rather. Better go investigate. I opened my, Deimos and Demos's bedroom door. No guards were there like they are supposed to be. I checked the whole house. No one.

Not a single soul.

"Guys?" I asked.
Nothing.
"Hello?" I asked a little louder.
Where is everyone?
"Guys? I ain't playing no games!" I shouted.
Not a sound.
"Yo!" I shouted.
This is creepy. The hell?

Where is my pack? Where are my friends? Where are my mates? All these questions buzzed around my head as I shifted and ran through the territory. The only sound was the crunching of leaves under my golden paws. I growled silently as to not attract unwanted attention. It was so dark. After running the perimeter three times, I stopped. Catching my breath I wondered...

Where has everyone disappeared to?

Why didn't I hear anything?

Everyone was where they were supposed to be when I went to sleep at 1:00 am.

What happened in two hours and 32 minutes?

I internally groaned and ran again. A Luna's job is make sure everyone is okay. And I am clearly failing at my own job. The only one I was destined to have. Well this sucks. I stopped when I saw a note on a large, bended oak tree. I shifted, changed and read it.

"I'm sure you're searching for your pack.

But now know it's the time to act.

See the dark trail leading north?

Follow it how an eagle soars.

But be careful for it is wild.

But the stinging pain will be anything but mild.

~Anonymous"

Oh great. A riddle. A fucking riddle.
"Boo!" My friend, Deanna, shouted from behind me.
I growled at her.
"Do not sneak up on me!" I shouted.
"Sorry." Deanna said.
I rolled my eyes and looked back at the note.
"Hey? What's that?" Deanna asked.
I handed the note to her.
"A riddle that's what it is." I said.
She read it out loud. Then looked up at me.
"I found one earlier this morning while I was running patrol." Deanna said.
"Show it to me." I said, my Luna voice taking hold.
She handed it to me.

"Bring this message to your Luna.

For this pack shall meets its doom.

I'll seal it away in every tomb.

Fast they say, but I'll be faster.

For they will obey the only master.

Seek them out, it's time to hide.

For they have all truly lied.

~Anonymous"

I gasped.
"Why didn't you bring this to me sooner?" I asked.
"The guards said you were overworked and wanted our Luna to rest. So I did as they say. Since they have a rank and I clearly don't. I turned to leave but I wanted them to give it to you when you woke. But when I turned back around... They were gone." Deanna said.
"Gone? In a matter of seconds?" I asked.
"I got nervous. So I went out for a run and... Saw that everyone was gone." Deanna said.
I growled.
"Just like that?" I asked.

"Up and vanished." Deanna said.
I MUST find them.
"Let's go." I said.
"Hopefully we won't have to figure out these riddles. Because boy am I horrible at them." Deanna said.
"Well, I'm here." I said.
Deanna nodded.

It's up to us to find them now...

We're coming guys...

And all I know is...

The Riddles Begin.

********************************************

Sorry it's a little short. But I got me a great idea.

And as always...

STAY FABULOUS!!

Byeeeeee!

:D